Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice Actors Needed - Revised
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
Voice Actors Needed - Revised

I am in need of 3-6 MALES and 2-3 FEMALES for character AND enemy voice acting (these go hand in hand, everyone I pick WILL VOICE a character -or two- AND an enemy)

What will be required of you?

Spoiler below!
-A VOICE DEMO/EXAMPLE. I'm not just going to pick you because you SAY you can voice act. I need a sample of what you can do in order to determine what character you'd suit best.

-ENGLISH PROFICIENCY. I don't mind if English isn't your first language, but you must be able to read your lines accurately and clearly.

-A GOOD QUALITY MICROPHONE. My custom story is high quality as far as voice acting and grammar is concerned. I would be ever so grateful if you had a good quality microphone that doesn't have a huge hiss, or makes weird noises. The only noise exception is the small hum that almost all microphones make, which is just general white noise. I can edit that myself. PLEASE RECORD IN QUIET ENVIRONMENTS.

-GENUINE EMOTION. For the most part, your character will be in pain all the time. What words you do say will pretty much always reflect extreme agony. There may be a few lines for you where the pain will be tapered down, but still mostly present.

-FLEXIBILITY. My existence in your life may be scarce. But that don't mean you get to slack! LOL When I'm busy, I literally hole myself up in my room and work for 14+ hours on the custom story and my job. It would help me out a lot if you were flexible as far as my "from-time-to-time" silence was concerned. THIS MEANS: Just because I'm a Silent Sally for a time, doesn't mean you can't record what lines I need from you. Big Grin If at any time you have questions you can always message me and I'll respond as promptly as possible.

-COMMITMENT. Please don't tell me you'll play a character and then quit on me halfway through the project. I'm committed to this custom story and there are very few people willing to voice act for these things. So please, unless you are physically unable to move your mouth, or are emotionally unable to continue (due to problems in the family, or events of similar nature), please don't leave me hanging without sufficient notice.

HELP! I'M RECORDING ENEMY SOUNDS!

Please don't worry! These sounds are fairly easy to produce and I've decided I don't need screaming, so I hope that prevents people from turning away. A revised script EXAMPLE (as this is a script I wrote for one voice actor I already have, yours will be different) is in the following spoiler for what kinds of things I need.

Spoiler below!
Idle -
Where are you?
It wasn't supposed to be this way...
It hurts so much...

Alert -
I can hear you!
Katelyn, please come out!
Is that you, Katelyn?

Notice -
There you are!
Don't run Katelyn!
I found you!

Attack -
Stay with me!
I love you!

Enable -
Katelyn? Are you there?
Kaaaaaaaaaaaatelyn.
Katelyn, I know you're here.

Give up -
I lost you again...
Please come back Katelyn...

Death -
I'm so sorry...

Sounds – (2-3 of each)
Idle -
Relaxed, breathy groans and breathing

Idle whimper -
These are growly whimpers, like you're in pain.

Attack -
Angry grunts and growls. Definitely put your body into these.

Hunt -
Drawn out and angry growling-grunts, like you're running after someone.

Launch -
Growling-grunts like you're whacking an item really hard.

What characters I need?

Spoiler below!
MALE Characters/Enemies
Feel free to inquire about voicing multiple characters (No more than 2 per person unless you can do very convincing other voices). Any additional characters you voice must have a completely different vocal track than the others. That includes breathing, screams, grunts, etc.

Michael Bell (Main character)- Also an Enemy
Scott Kipling (Secondary character)- Killed
Jacob Hallow (Main character)- Also an Enemy

Victor Sanderson (Generic male)- Also an Enemy
Charles Numelle (Generic male)- Also an Enemy
Felix Markborn (Generic female)- Also an Enemy

FEMALE Characters/Enemies

Jennifer Lite (Generic female) - SOME Enemy noises
Melissa Ucept (Generic female) - SOME Enemy noises
Amy Washington (Generic female) - No enemy noises

Information on my custom story can be found HERE

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 01:38 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
02-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Voice Actors Needed - Revised

Here are some examples of my work. It's all compiled into a YouTube playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...6EAFD79677

02-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Moved to development support!

Also.
https://soundcloud.com/traggey/traggeyasawoman
02-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

The first enemy's quotes remind me a lot of Aloïs' lines.

Tragei, dis link gaiv mi kancer. Riport pliz : B.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2014, 07:50 PM by daortir.)
02-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(02-22-2014, 07:19 PM)Traggey Wrote: Moved to development support!

Also.
https://soundcloud.com/traggey/traggeyasawoman

Thank you Traggey, sorry, people were posting these kinds of threads all over the place so I wasn't exactly sure where to post it.

AND LOL. I LOVE THAT. PLEASE LEND YOUR VOICE TO ME!!! I know it sounds stalker-esque, but I've listened to that audio line over and over again! It's hilarious! You're so convincing. xD

(02-22-2014, 07:49 PM)daortir Wrote: The first enemy's quotes remind me a lot of Aloïs' lines.

Tragei, dis link gaiv mi kancer. Riport pliz : B.

Not sure what to say to that. That's because the character saying them is in love with the main character? :/

02-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Both monsters share the same theme when it comes to the main character but it's not the only thing ^^. Both lines express this sadness of missing the main character, as well as the idea that they are sorry about what they are doing but they also do it in the name of love.

I just said they reminded me the Aloïs lines, don't take this for more than what I said x). No big deal : p.

02-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Find
Deadon Offline

Threads: 5

Lawl, just noticed that Victor and Felix, 2 characters from my cs, are in yours, of course the last names are different, though.
Keep Up the good work!! Big Grin

Well, if I can get a good mic I could probably TRY to do one of those. Perhaps I could edit my voice a little. Idk.

Also, If you need any testers or level editors, I'll go.

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 05:14 AM by Deadon.)
02-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Find