Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entities problems
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
Entities problems

Hey,
I have a stupid little problem which I can't fix because I'm dumb. I got several custom entities for my story. To make sure it works, I placed the files in the 'entities' folder inside my cs folder. I even made sure the paths were correct, but somehow the game won't load the entities. I saved the map to the right folders, the game loads the right files and I deleted the cache file.
I'm at a loss, could someone help me out?
02-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Entities problems

We need to know are those MFP entitis or custom made?
-
Overall ypu must put them in your story''s folder.
be sure it is loading the right entities { place where you put them }
Is this a FC or custom story?
02-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

They are ATDD models, slightly modified, like a bigger pointlight or an axis turned the other way. They already are in my story's folder, like I said. And I also mentioned it was a CS.
02-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

So is this a custom story? Either way you must save them in your main entities folder, within a subfolder of your own (I like to name mine "custom"). Place your .ent files in there or within another subfolder if you want. The level editor should detect the files if they are located in there.

Once you've saved your entities in your level, they can be accessed by the game in pretty much any directory when it's running. Only when you're using the editors they must be in the entities folder.
You can move them to your custom story folder when you're done, and they should load in the game if you have the custom_stories directory added to your resources.cfg.

02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

I made another folder inside the entities folder and put all my folders in there. Weird stuff, but it worked. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 01:09 AM by OriginalUsername.)
02-17-2014, 01:02 AM
Find