Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Animations from AAMFP
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
Prop Animations from AAMFP

So yeh, basically what the title says:

I'm having problem to display the animations from a few Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Props for example the Grandfather clock. I tried fiddling with some of those entities/props and it seems for once that they are using the invalid object type "Animatedprop" and their collision boxes get a little bit weird and change when the engine converts them to entities (that's what the game does by default if there's an invalid user defined variable specified i guess). I'm using the updated beta patch from this forum and this occurs only to some props. Manually importing the animation seems to not work either as it crashes both the editor and the game when trying to play the animation.

The ModelEditor view from the copied entity and the one from Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs itself. [Note that i didn't change anything with the copied entity. I just followed the guide from the Beta Patch].

Thanks for the help in advance.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM by RaideX.)
02-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Prop Animations from AAMFP

I don't think you can use the animations for the entities yet. On the beta patch page, they tell you to delete any .anm files (animation files), because they won't work with the unmodified TDD engine. I think you'll have to wait, perhaps they'll add support for this when the beta patch is further developed.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there actually is a way to use the animations. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing it is like this.

02-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Find