Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Would you play this?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Would you play this?

I have an idea in my head for a game concept (outside of Amnesia) and I would just like to know if people would play it, if it has already been done or is similar to something else.

The below is subject to change.
Crime. Out of control, detectives are afraid that they will be silenced. The solution is intelligence; prototype human-shape robotic devices capable of finding and analysing signs and clues left at the scene to put all the pieces together. These cyborgs, programmed to handle any venue, situation and evidence, are more than prepared to take on the task of assisting police with anything related to the current case. While being able to perform with great excellence, their efficiency is in question. These tactical investigations are to be performed in under a strict time limit, which if breached, will result in immediate termination.

Your role.
In this game, you will play the robotic detective. Before each investigation, you are instructed with a time limit, which will depend on two factors:
- The severity of the case (for example, there may be a trial tomorrow)
- The difficulty of the evidence at the crime scene.

If this time limit expires, a fault in your system will occur and result in immediate shut down. The loss of too many detectives on one scene will result in a Game over, and the loss of too many detectives overall will result in a Game over.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Would you play this?

If the game is balanced so it's not too hard to do, I would probably.
It depends because it could be so many things.

It could be an Indie Game where you see everything from the sky, and walk around as this robot.
This would sooner or later just become a "Highscore" game. Get the highest solved cases without getting a game over.

Then there's the more developed game where people actually put time into solving the cases. Finding clues. Thinking about what could've happened. This game would be more about "being" the detective. Immersion, I mean.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Concepts are interesting only if implemented properly, so I'd have to wait and see the execution

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 07:14 PM by Froge.)
02-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-19-2014, 07:11 PM)Froge Wrote: Concepts are interesting only if implemented properly, so I'd have to wait and see the execution
02-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Find
VoodooFox Offline

Threads: 1

I would play it.
(02-19-2014, 02:06 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: If the game is balanced so it's not too hard to do, I would probably.
It depends because it could be so many things.

It could be an Indie Game where you see everything from the sky, and walk around as this robot.
This would sooner or later just become a "Highscore" game. Get the highest solved cases without getting a game over.

Then there's the more developed game where people actually put time into solving the cases. Finding clues. Thinking about what could've happened. This game would be more about "being" the detective. Immersion, I mean.

I would hope to see more immersion in this type of game than a high score game.
A Robot detectives life would be really nifty or even a detective who controls a remote controlled robot. It would open opportunities for crazy plot twists, hackers, and all kinds of nifty stuff.

Hate you too luv ;) Youtube here
02-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Find