Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Note Issues
Deadon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Note Issues

Oops, Forgot one.
Spoiler below!
<Entry Name="Note_StartNote_Name">Note To Self</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_StartNote_Text">I wish I could tell you what's happening, I can't tell you why, but know this. I didn't choose to forget, I had to.
For us, me and you. Put things straight by killing the one you love,[br] Vanessa.[br]Please understand, I can't tell you what's happened. but find anger and strength in the fact that I won't. She has done terrible things, even tried to kill a friend... [br] Who I hope isn't hurt because of me. [br] Remember, you are my last attempt.[br] Your Former Self, Felix Rancine</Entry>

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
02-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(02-20-2014, 03:05 AM)Deadon Wrote: Oops, Forgot one.
Spoiler below!
<Entry Name="Note_StartNote_Name">Note To Self</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_StartNote_Text">I wish I could tell you what's happening, I can't tell you why, but know this. I didn't choose to forget, I had to.
For us, me and you. Put things straight by killing the one you love,[br] Vanessa.[br]Please understand, I can't tell you what's happened. but find anger and strength in the fact that I won't. She has done terrible things, even tried to kill a friend... [br] Who I hope isn't hurt because of me. [br] Remember, you are my last attempt.[br] Your Former Self, Felix Rancine</Entry>

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this script. :3

02-20-2014, 03:16 AM
Find
Deadon Offline

Would it have anything to do with my notepad++ being open during testing?
Huh

02-20-2014, 03:18 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(02-20-2014, 03:18 AM)Deadon Wrote: Would it have anything to do with my notepad++ being open during testing?
Huh

No. As long as you save your work before you run/test the map, it doesn't matter at all.

02-20-2014, 03:27 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Near the top of your lang you open the "Journal" category, but then instantly open the "Messages" category. You need to close the Journal before opening the Messages, but in this case you'd want to remove the Messages opening because the notes must be in your Journal one.

Try this one:
Spoiler below!

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="IntroMessage">Aquaphobia: n.[br] an abnormal fear of drowning.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_CisternNote_Name">Regarding The Machine</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_CisternNote_Text">[voice 18_paper_daniel03.ogg] The Machine Hasn't been working lately, Probably just a stupid prank by those oafs from the cistern, but they flooded the area.[br]
But anyways, just in case I forget, The spare wheels are in the storage. Hope the janitor didn't move them. If he does, I'll have him investigate all these 'occurrences' the workers are complaining about.
</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_CisternNote_Text">[voice 18_paper_daniel03.ogg][br]The Machine Hasn't been working lately, Probably just a stupid prank by those oafs from the cistern, but they flooded the area.[br]
But anyways, just in case I forget, The spare wheels are in the storage. Hope the janitor didn't move them. If he does, I'll have him investigate all these occurrences the workers are complaining about.
</Entry>

<Entry Name="Quest_cellar_Text">The Mechanism seems to be damaged. I must find a way to repair it before that Suitor catches me.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Perhaps there are other small problems if this is not your whole file.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM by Mudbill.)
02-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Find
Deadon Offline

Sorry guys internet was down (for 2 days) BUT. I solved it. Don't know the problem, probably never wil. BUT I got this: The hpl lang tool. really useful. Anyways, Thanks, Mudbill love your tutorials, HannahDJA, can't wait for "In A Heartbeat", and sorry for wasting some time.

02-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Find