Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting Model from Maya - Only Few Parts of The Model is Visible [SOLVED]
Kixz0 Offline

Threads: 3
Exporting Model from Maya - Only Few Parts of The Model is Visible [SOLVED]

Hey guys.

I've successfully been exporting loads of models from Maya 2011 into Amnesia TDD for a couple of days now for my next CS.

So now I started on a Custom Enemy for it, but encountered a problem I don't really know how to solve since it hasn't been like this for any of my other entities.

The problem is, when I have exported my enemy from Maya, it only shows the Head of my model in the Model Editor, Model Viewer and all those.
I have tried to google it without finding any helpful results.

So I ask you guys if you know what's wrong? I'm not any expert on Maya or so, but I think I have done something with the Head which I haven't done on the rest of the body and that's why it's only showing the head..?

Here's 2 print-screens, one of how it looks in Maya and one of how it look sin the Model Editor. (The colorful things in Maya are the skeleton used for Animation).

Spoiler below!
[Image: 1j3Pftg.jpg]

Spoiler below!
[Image: YcxAAqh.jpg]

In the Model Editor you can see the Animation Skeleton for the enemy but not the actual model..

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
Kix

EDIT:
I just solved it myself! Smile

If anyone else is having any similar issue - All I did was to click on the model -> Go to Mesh -> Separate.

I always choose to Combine my meshes when I make entities, but for some reason this should be Separated. I'm not a pro so I don't know why, but this solved it! Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 08:07 PM by Kixz0.)
02-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Exporting Model from Maya - Only Few Parts of The Model is Visible [SOLVED]

Holy Cow That's an amazing model you have there, is this custom story going to be about space ?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 09:13 PM by Radical Batz.)
02-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Find
Kixz0 Offline

(02-23-2014, 09:12 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: Holy Cow That's an amazing model you have there, is this custom story going to be about space ?

Yes it is, aiming for Full Conversion mod with over 90% custom content Smile I'm trying to animate this bad boy now, not easy when it's your first time hehe..
02-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Where can i ind this custom story/mod? what is it called
02-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Find
Kixz0 Offline

(02-23-2014, 09:20 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: Where can i ind this custom story/mod? what is it called

I have barely started on it yet, so you can't find it anywhere. I'm still exporting custom entities from Maya so I won't start on the map design for another week I guess.
02-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

You should probably make the model smaller because that monster is way too big. Scaling it down in the Level Editor won't help you. I suggest using the dimensions of the Amnesia monsters. Use their mesh as an example.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Find
Kixz0 Offline

(02-24-2014, 07:41 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: You should probably make the model smaller because that monster is way too big. Scaling it down in the Level Editor won't help you. I suggest using the dimensions of the Amnesia monsters. Use their mesh as an example.

Yea I noticed that as well when I tried it in game. Also, I didn't get him to run or attack in game (I got animations for it, but don't know how to apply them).
02-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Just putting up an important FYI here.

Models/content ripped from other games and used without permission is NOT permitted here on the forums.

I believe this model is from the older Aliens game, right?
02-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Maybe he found one in his garden and took a picture. (?)

02-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Find
Kixz0 Offline

(02-24-2014, 10:37 AM)Traggey Wrote: Just putting up an important FYI here.

Models/content ripped from other games and used without permission is NOT permitted here on the forums.

I believe this model is from the older Aliens game, right?

Well, it was downloadable and free to use in mods for Garry's Mod, so I don't see why it should not be free to use in a mod for ATDD? As long as I do not make any profit of it or claim that it's mine which I don't.
02-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Find