Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are compounds used for?
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
What are compounds used for?

Just what the title says "What are compounds used for?"

I would like to know because in the original maps of amnesia they did a compound on certain objects and I would like to know why and what they are used or?

Now I know how to do a compound but what is it used for? Is it helpful?what is the use of it? I would like to know in detail, thanks.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 09:25 PM by Radical Batz.)
02-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: What are compounds used for?

Basically it allows you to rotate a group of items with efficiency. Exemple : I have a level in my mod where the whole mansion is tilted. In order to do it successfully, I selected everything, made it a compound, then rotated it slightly. It lagged incredibly hard, but I had the whole mansion tilted.

If you do this without a compound, you'll get very weird results as every item will rotate where it stands, leading to something that is completely incoherent.

Ah, it's hard to explain as my english isn't the best, just select a bookshelf and the books in it, and rotate it.
It'll mess up. Now make it a compound, and tadaaaa you can rotate everything at once and the books will stay in place.

02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

thanks you this was a good explanation, but what do you mean the mansion is all tilted? anyway your custom story was awesome, hope you make another one soon Smile
02-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

I'm truly glad you liked it ! Well there is a map when you enter the library where the floor is tilted by 20% ^_^. Same with the walls, ceiling... ^^!

02-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Find