Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled]
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP]

Dude, godzilla in Amnesia Penumbra-styled mod is not a good idea.
03-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

>.> I don't know if Garry's Mod can be trusted as 'legal' forms of obtaining a model. You had better be sure you get consent from the creator, and give credit to the creator.

But I'll have to let a moderator handle that, whether it's allowed or not.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(03-06-2014, 09:02 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: Just maked a short footage of Alpha.

please,dont give too many dislikes or bad comments,it`s my first ever custom story and i hope u enjoy the release.We are working on it as long we can.We know scripting,mapping etc...The only problem is that,we sometimes make short maps.But dont worry,it will be pretty good.(I think)

Here is The Footage i hope u enjoy it. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLF783IMO...e=youtu.be

There will be many changes like the story changing or something. As u know,i am making this CS alone without any other peoples. My Steam friend is making some notes for me,ideas etc....

I think you should really work on your skills before you bother making a serious attempt at a custom story.
03-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(03-15-2014, 06:36 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 06:33 PM)Red Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 06:18 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 06:04 PM)Red Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 05:40 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: I have GMOD 13 with Godzilla ragdoll addon.
I searched for Godzilla model for internet but,i needed to pay for every like 293$
So i used Crafty to open Godzilla.mdl from the GMOD addon.
I exported it as obj.I used vtf2tga to convert the vtf to textures.I opened maya,Imported the Obj file,Added Materials and Exported as .dae using ColladaExporter plugin.Last,i opened model editor(amnesia) and i imported an mesh.I added materials to it,saved as .ent and done!

You better give the modeller credit for this, if you get this finished, and
by the way, It's pretty wierd to have Godzilla on Penumbra universe in my opinion.
Yea i know xD but did u seen main website of apocalypse? You will meet 2 millitary units : "K.A.E" And "R.A.T.W" Is it also wierd? Tongue

Yeah, you're really mixing radical ideas together, not that it's bad thing per se, you can always do the implementing well, so the story ends up well. But for notice, do not rip off models which you're not allowed to use, you can in the worst case break the copyright law, i believe you already knew that.
I already know that.if u used too many models and i did not know that they was only for permission,gonna cancel mod and start creating "Amnesia : A Late Time In The Night" which will contain tons of AAMFP Assets.

First of all... you should commit to your projects unless there's a serious reason for you to abandon them.

Second, if you're going to start a different custom story/full conversion, I seriously hope you're going to put some SERIOUS effort into mapping.

This isn't coming from a bad place, but it might come off as mean, so I'd like to apologize in advance, but despite being advised to work on your maps by pretty much everybody who commented here, they haven't improved at all. Nobody will take your mod's seriously if your maps look like they do. So it's in your best interest and the best interest of your future custom stories/full conversions, that you put mapping first and scripting LAST.

There really isn't such a thing as "I'm a first time mapper, so I suck at this". It's no excuse to produce a map that has walls and floors and doors and ceilings and has 3 entities, no lights, particles, or decals. I worked on my first map for weeks, and weeks, doing nothing but putting entities down, changing entities, adding light, taking away light, adding decals, adding sounds, music, particles. It took me over two months to really finish my first map where I was happy with it, and the community seemed happy as well, but still weren't without their own suggestions. I'm STILL working on my first map.

Bottom line is, stop focusing on your scripting and model converting/editing so much and focus on your maps first. People will judge your project based on what they see, rather than what they can do. If they don't like what they see, they don't care what they can do.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 09:05 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
03-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26

Penumbra Apocalypse is CANCELLED. If i will be in good mood after releasing Amnesia A Late Time In The Night,I will back to it.

I need to put a serious work.So that`s why i decided to make another Mod and learn skills.
If u like Apocalypse,im gonna do a serious work and improve all maps from the beggining.
03-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26

Guys,Penumbra Apocalypse is being recreated in Amnesia A Late Time In The Night (Check my second project link.)

all the characters,assets,half of the story,millitary from Apocalypse is going to be in ALTITN.
03-31-2014, 03:20 PM
Find