Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled]
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP]

hmmmm...They are walking slow.Run anim can be ok.But i will try to increase it.Anyways,See ya next day cause i need to go to bed.And about rex,Please checkout Penumbra Apocalypse Main Site: http://penumbrapo.blogspot.com/2014/03/p...is-it.html
im gonna release screenshot of him at Screenshots Section.See Ya Tommorow.
03-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(03-06-2014, 10:12 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: Here's a secret between you and me but tell no one.

I have this addiction with penumbra eggs

dude thats kinky as hell!

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

New update for upcoming alpha! 0.5a

the eggs will be possibly working,The only warning that player will recive after the eggs will crack is an loud egg break sound.The eggs will be visible for first time at new Caves "Watery Caves" (In game,they are known as Snow Caves) A Video of eggs will be released soon on my channel. link for the updates: http://penumbrapo.blogspot.com/2014/03/u...lypse.html
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 03:22 PM by SSEAlexander.)
03-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

pls make a download for the spider eggs then pls, i'll give you credit If I'll use them.
03-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

hmmmm i dont really know if they will work. but now i am working on Revolver(Gun) Puzzle.

if i will release eggs,i will only release models of them and script

Also,i need a help with Rex. If someone could. I prepared the materials and size of him but he just looks like normal spider in the game.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM by SSEAlexander.)
03-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

You mean you made your own texture and model for him but he looks just like the one in amnesia? and remember to test the eggs a lot before releasing them.

If you're trying to make the spider bigger, you can't. you must have a bigger model of the spider not increase it's size from it's original model and make it bigger.

and remember to post the video of the eggs, I hope they work just exactly like in the game! you get close to them and they make this disgusting sound and then crack/splash and a FAST spider comes out of it.

and where did you get the models of the eggs, from the original;l game or you made them?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 04:27 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-07-2014, 04:19 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: You mean you made your own texture and model for him but he looks just like the one in amnesia? and remember to test the eggs a lot before releasing them.

If you're trying to make the spider bigger, you can't. you must have a bigger model of the spider not increase it's size from it's original model and make it bigger.

and remember to post the video of the eggs, I hope they work just exactly like in the game! you get close to them and they make this disgusting sound and then crack/splash and a FAST spider comes out of it.

and where did you get the models of the eggs, from the original;l game or you made them?
I converted them from Penumbra Overture.I used both material editor and model editor
03-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

How do you do that, because I tried everything to get models from penumbra and making them work for amnesia, but it never works! Sad I wish there was a way
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 04:34 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-07-2014, 04:33 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: How do you do that, because I tried everything to get models from penumbra and making them work for amnesia, but it never works! Sad I wish there was a way
Take model from penumbra along with all files (jpg,dae,mat With exception of ent) Open up material editor. Head up to general and u will see Type : decal.Change the decal to soliddiffuse. Head to Texture units and check: Diffuse,Nmap,Specular. head to diffuse and select the texture of ur model.
do this with nmap and specular.
Example:
water_cave_spider_egg.jpg - Will be for Diffuse
water_cave_spider_egg_bump.jpg - Will be for Nmap.
save the file and overwrite the mat file u copied from model from penumbra.
Open Model editor. Head to settings and select any user defined variables u want. After,head to File/Import Mesh. Find the .dae file of model u have.Should work now.

Warning!!!
Some models will not work as Item.Game will crash with multiple errors.

If i helped you,please tell me.

anyways,I have an friend on steam and i gived him copy of Apocalypse Alpha. But,im starting to like you.
i think i will share new Alpha 0.5a and give u the password.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 05:00 PM by SSEAlexander.)
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

cool, if you want I can help you with some maps if you want. I know how to make very well done detailed levels, but sometimes I will be really busy and if I say really busy it means REALLY REALLY BUSY, because I will be working on my custom story at the same time. but don't be like excited and give me all of your maps and I have to a make them all, i'm just going to teach you how to make well detailed maps, that's allSmile

anyways I converted a tiny boot from penumbra to amnesia and when I load it in the level editor, it keeps crashing Huh
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Find