Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Souls 2
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4
RE: Dark Souls 2

nothing to do in the game anymore, heard good things about the final DLC (weather mechanics, gathering some sort of NPC entourage etc.). Just in time as I am basicly only tying up "loose ends" in the main game.

Spoiler below!
But damn, that buffed Smelter Demon bonus boss in the second DLC gave me a headache. Got a very clean STR/DEX build and since he spices up his attacks with magic it was dodging like crazy. I could tank Alonne and make it an endurance fight in my favour, but this thing burned my build to crisp the first couple of times. Even worse than that damn Sinh...

Anyways, any sunbros around? That Sun sword with the double A scaling sure was worth ranking up Smile

/////////////////////////////////////
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Talking of Sun. I respecced to a lightning build the day before it got nerfed. Ye, I was bummed, went back to my STR build.

I didn't have that much of an issue with Smelter 2.0 boss itself. It was more the boss run that was hard for me, even harder with incompetent phantoms that don't know the sharp end of a stick.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
09-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

(09-21-2014, 10:06 PM)i3670 Wrote: I didn't have that much of an issue with Smelter 2.0 boss itself. It was more the boss run that was hard for me, even harder with incompetent phantoms that don't know the sharp end of a stick.

Haha, yeah I can relate to that. Though I am a bit of an idiot myself at times xD. "so you`re putting away that small sword and only use the big slow one? Bad ide--ohhhh shiii....". Though I dont get why some people think Raime is the hardest DLC boss. That damn dragon felt a lot more taxing. Must be different playstyles.

09-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I still haven't bought the DLC partially because I don't have the heart to fork out what little savings I have, and also partially because I don't yet have a proper character in NG to run through the DLC yet.

Back in Dark Souls 1 (PC) my first playthrough of the DLC was when I was already on NG+. It was NOT easy on me. I don't want to have to plow through that again especially given that DS2's NG+ has more than just enemy stat changes D:

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 12:05 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

(09-22-2014, 11:00 AM)DavidS Wrote: Haha, yeah I can relate to that. Though I am a bit of an idiot myself at times xD. "so you`re putting away that small sword and only use the big slow one? Bad ide--ohhhh shiii....". Though I dont get why some people think Raime is the hardest DLC boss. That damn dragon felt a lot more taxing. Must be different playstyles.

Raime was hard until I realized that if I hug his left in the first phase and his right in the second he becomes a little less challenging. (This was at BI-2, mind you.) I don't know, Sinh wasn't that hard. Mainly because he's a dragon and the key to fighting dragons or anything big on four legs is to just go underneath.

Let's go into rant mode:
Got into an argument yesterday with a player on Steam. I was farming dragon scales on the PvP bridge and I healed when my health went low. I beat the guy who contacted me mere seconds later on Steam saying "Seriously dude, be a man, that's just shitty." And I just felt laughter building up inside of me.
First, he contacts me directly to complain, which I find quite pathetic. Second, why should you not be able to heal yourself? Both of you have the ability to heal and it is rarely a huge advantage because you are totally defenseless for a good 3 seconds. Third, there is no honor or etiquette. Some players say that there is and that by healing you prove that you are not skilled and that it is all about "the win". Of course it is all about winning! I am here to get scales so that I can get the items I want. I do not give a fuck if it is honorable or not. Fourth, it's a just a game.

A Christmas Hunt
09-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Basically here's what I find the "rules" in Dark Souls PVP to be:

The etiquette of PVP is a mutual agreement. As long as both players silently abide by the rules then they can follow the rules fine. However, either player is allowed to "break" the rules at any time they please. When this happens all rules go off, and players are allowed to resort to any means necessary to win without worrying about etiquette.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Yep, their certainly is a form of etiquette. I think it is nice though. It is a roleplaying game after all. I once wanted to do a greeting gesture and one guy wacked me mid animation before I could roll away. I backed off, he backed off, he dropped a "I`m sorry" wood thing, gave me even time to get myself ready. Then we both bowed to signal we were ready and smacked our heads in. Good fight to, got me in the end.

09-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

@DavidS. Or when you are hollowed out when you are summoned and is instantly killed by a spellcaster. Also great times.

A Christmas Hunt
09-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

hahaha yeah. And dodging a caster is hard. But possible. Not too many expect you to roll through their initial attack, can buy you a second to close distance. Is 50% luck though. I am pretty weak against casters anyways. Below 10 int/faith weak to be exact. ^^

Seems like the DLC is delayed till the 30th.

09-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

(09-22-2014, 10:25 PM)DavidS Wrote: Seems like the DLC is delayed till the 30th.

WHAT?! Don't ruin my wednesday!

Edit: Damn it

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 10:37 PM by i3670.)
09-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Find