Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cloud Gaming, And Cloud Computing In General
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
Cloud Gaming, And Cloud Computing In General

I've been seriouly worried with this, maybe the "upcoming revolution".
They're gonna replace everything slowly with cloud? There's no need for
concrete hardware anymore. Is that going to be an end to the consoles and an end to the hardware manufactors? Even though i believe this thing won't be implemented maybe in like 10 years, i am still worried, i enjoy having
a challange to run the game with the thing i've build, in future they are taking that away.
I hope this fails and badly, i hate the whole thing, that's why i am concerned.
My internet connection sucks and i believe it couldn't run the resources
which cloud computing needs. Damn global competition and it's trends, they are ruining everything.

EDIT: How embarrassing is to have a typo on the title already.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 04:01 PM by Red.)
03-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Cloud Gaming, And Cloud Computing In General

From what I know is that Cloud Computing is merely a way to save data by storing it in a vast network of computers. Just data. So in theory it won't effect the devices, just the data. You obviously still need the devices to display the data in the monitor.

Besides, how is sending computer power/devices through the Internet possible? Unless of course, you are an idiot that actually believes that downloading RAM or sending comp power online will work.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-15-2014, 03:30 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: From what I know is that Cloud Computing is merely a way to save data by storing it in a vast network of computers. Just data. So in theory it won't effect the devices, just the data. You obviously still need the devices to display the data in the monitor.

Besides, how is sending computer power/devices through the Internet possible? Unless of course, you are an idiot that actually believes that downloading RAM or sending comp power online will work.
Uhm, Onlive is a console which does that already, yes it's possible
and Sony and microsoft has plans for that too. Playstation Now and
don't know what ms calls it. I guess Cloud Computing One because they're horrible at naming
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 03:45 PM by Red.)
03-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I've considered donating processing power to scientific research, because that's a thing you can apparently do, but I'm too much of a lazy fuck to set that up.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-15-2014, 03:40 PM)Ghieri Wrote: I've considered donating processing power to scientific research, because that's a thing you can apparently do, but I'm too much of a lazy fuck to set that up.

But that doesn't help, nothing can help, expect if you can go and persuade
these maniacs with violence.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 03:57 PM by Red.)
03-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I hated digital gaming when that was new too, but now I pretty much exclusively buy games digitally. Give it some time and you may end up liking the idea, or at least tolerating it. It has benefits, though many drawbacks as well. It's a question of what you consider important.
03-16-2014, 03:03 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-16-2014, 03:03 AM)Bridge Wrote: I hated digital gaming when that was new too, but now I pretty much exclusively buy games digitally. Give it some time and you may end up liking the idea, or at least tolerating it. It has benefits, though many drawbacks as well. It's a question of what you consider important.
It's actually good thing that pc's horsepower wouldn't be a problem in the future, but always online thing ruins it, you can't use it if you don't have good enough internet or internet at all. Seems like they are forcing you to get it, good example is earlier Xbone and it's 24 hour online checks.
03-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Find