Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia A Late Time In The Night
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Amnesia A Late Time In The Night

(03-16-2014, 01:44 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 01:36 PM)Red Wrote: Got to screenshot critism thread, there you'll find examples what the levels should really look like. Don't take this as an insult but in my opinion those pics looks just horrible.

EDIT: And maybe that description needs more work too.
Thanks.Request from u i`ll take.Gonna change it and Change maps...if u wish

So i wish, so does everyone. A decent map doesn't take minutes, it takes hours of work, you just have to understand that, more you put time on the project the better.
03-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26

(03-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Red Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 01:36 PM)Red Wrote: Got to screenshot critism thread, there you'll find examples what the levels should really look like. Don't take this as an insult but in my opinion those pics looks just horrible.

So i wish, so does everyone. A decent map doesn't take minutes, it takes hours of work, you just have to understand that, more you put time on the project the better.
But im better mapper anyways than i was before on Penumbra Apocalypse.If i will release A Late Time In The Night,im gonna release Small Alpha for Apocalypse if i will be in good mood much.
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Perhaps you are a better mapper from then, But that doesn't mean that you should work faster. Lets say your Penumbra Apocalypse maps were made in an hour. And they ranked a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

Now lets say these screenshots ranked a 2, and also took an hour. Sure there's slight improvement, but because they are of such low quality it does not seem that way to us who are used to seeing things made by hardam, robo or kia.

Try spending a whole lot of time (4-5 hours) on a room (one. Single Room) and then upload a screenshot. Take the constructive criticism to heart, and work on the room more. Repeat this process over and over until it is a beautiful room. And you will have increased your skills far vaster then if you just accept the small amount that you have increased from Apocalypse to here.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 02:22 PM by 7heDubz.)
03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-16-2014, 02:12 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Red Wrote:

But im better mapper anyways than i was before on Penumbra Apocalypse.If i will release A Late Time In The Night,im gonna release Small Alpha for Apocalypse if i will be in good mood much.

Listen son, by saying you're better mapper, doesn't always make you better mapper, you have to prove that concertely. Show us what you have learned, maybe update those pics you have uploaded, then we'll decide have you improved or not. This time show us your best, we know you can do better.
03-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-16-2014, 02:22 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Perhaps you are a better mapper from then, But that doesn't mean that you should work faster. Lets say your Penumbra Apocalypse maps were made in an hour. And they ranked a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

Now lets say these screenshots ranked a 2, and also took an hour. Sure there's slight improvement, but because they are of such low quality it does not seem that way to us who are used to seeing things made by hardam, robo or kia.

Try spending a whole lot of time (4-5 hours) on a room (one. Single Room) and then upload a screenshot. Take the constructive criticism to heart, and work on the room more. Repeat this process over and over until it is a beautiful room. And you will have increased your skills far vaster then if you just accept the small amount that you have increased from Apocalypse to here.
Nah apocalypse was not really impresive.I worked like 30mins on the rooms and hours on scripting :/ Shall i work 30 mins on scripts and hours on single room?
03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-16-2014, 02:49 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 02:22 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Perhaps you are a better mapper from then, But that doesn't mean that you should work faster. Lets say your Penumbra Apocalypse maps were made in an hour. And they ranked a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

Nah apocalypse was not really impresive.I worked like 30mins on the rooms and hours on scripting :/ Shall i work 30 mins on scripts and hours on single room?

Hours on both.
03-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Im gonna release Extremaly early video of late time in the night.You will guess if im better mapper than on apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nnxwrx...e=youtu.be
you can tell what u think and if im better mapper than on Apocalypse.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 03:07 PM by SSEAlexander.)
03-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

*Facepalm* You still need to learn

I also released my own cs that is still in the make, i will not like, create a empty room that is extremely boring and nobody should play it. I will just keep mapping and finish my entire cs. So you still need to learn how to map then, that's my opinion

03-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

ughh pls quit making all the rooms bright, use point lights instead then box lights. It will make rooms prettier and the rooms are still empty and make no sense! You really gotta learn Undecided and I just have to tell you the truth here, it took me a year to learn how to make good maps, a year!!

Not like in the last of 2013, but exactly in the beginning of 2013! As I told you, look trough people's custom stories to see how good their mapping is then you will learn more eventually. If you want to get people's attention then you must work hard!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

There's no need to be mean, especially if you're pretty terrible at mapping yourself.

Badcat5550.
Tesbull.

You should listen to this.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
03-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Find