Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Amnesia : Ruined (Quick Update!)
Vale Offline

Threads: 13
Amnesia : Ruined (Quick Update!)

So. I will not lie, I have done little in the way of working on Ruined. Before you say "Oh no, it's dead!", know this: I don't have a lot of free time. That being said, I have not stopped working on it. At this point, you can point out that I have little to show you about its progress. That is mostly to be kept discreet.
However, there is one roadblock that is beginning to thorn my side.
Remember the 'many hands 2' project? Some people complained that that map lagged. My computer has no trouble running that, or Alien Isolation on the highest settings. However, the library map alone lags my PC. I think that is very specific to that map, as from what I can tell Amnesia renders everything that you can see, and spends minimal thought on objects outside your vision. The library features large rooms filled with clutter, so it has a lot to handle, which is not ideal for it's engine. So just letting you know, for when this is done it will require a decently strong computer. You have been warned.

On to the next thing: it will, in all likelihood, be two years until Ruined is released. May be sooner, but its coming along slowly. I lost steam for a while, but I'm starting to get it back so hopefully work will speed up.

I will, however, be releasing a verrrrrryyy short demo to a select few people who are interested within the next month. If you would be interested in seeing more about what it is, just leave a comment and suggest why you deserve the taste. :p
Thanks!

My friend,

As I write this, I pray that you will awaken. I did not have time to calculate the dose, and so I fear that I may have given you too much.

Forgive me, my friend. I could not allow you to go through with this, not when it was my fault to begin with. If I had let you go in my place, the faces of your wife and son would haunt me to my grave.

Know that I now go to my demise unafraid, secure in the knowledge that my sacrifice will buy you the time necessary to put an end to this ruinous work we've wrought.

I was lucky to have known you, my friend. And... I am sorry how all of this turned out.

Sincerely yours,
Richard

Amnesia:Ruined is an upcoming custom story. You play as a nameless character, learning more about you and the environment you're in as you progress.

It will feature custom music (https://soundcloud.com/valethedrimpaler/...rly-sample)
custom monsters, beautifully made environments that I waste hours working on, and hopefully a good story.

Old Screenies: (New ones will be soon!)
Spoiler below!

[Image: YYkNWHY.jpg]

Spoiler below!

[Image: pJd3x81.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: okAO708.png]

Right Click and 'Open in new Tab' for full image quality
Also, I'm working on brightening the maps a bit for better quality.

Please give feedback!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 07:14 AM by Vale.)
03-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Amnesia : Ruined

Well the mapping seems pretty good, I'd give it a go. Didja need help on anything?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 01:16 AM by 7heDubz.)
03-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Find
Vale Offline

Not yet, but Ill be sure to message you if I do. Thanks!
03-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Find
Echohalls Offline

Threads: 1

I'm intrigued by the mapping. I'll have to keep my eye on this.

[Image: tumblr_mv57o0xppD1sx7cayo3_500.jpg]
Lord Of Tears - 2014
03-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Tracking this Big Grin

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
03-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Find
Vale Offline

Thanks for the good feedback so far! Ill be updating new mapping images monthly or so so you can see whats up, and posting other news regularly!
03-22-2014, 03:40 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

Customary "voice acting" offer: should you need any assistance with VO work, I'd be super happy to lend a hand... or voice, rather. Judging by the screenshots, it looks to be a very interesting CS.

03-25-2014, 12:34 AM
Find
BeartrixTheStrange Offline

Threads: 0

I am also willing to lend my voice.
Two female voices, ready to lend a hand for any project! Big Grin

If anyone is willing for my voice to be in a custom story, please private message me. I have been offline for too long and need to get back in this community!
03-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Website Find
Vale Offline

Thanks! As of yet, there aren't any female characters, though the story is still early. If i add some Ill be sure to let you know!
03-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Find
Vale Offline

3 Things: First off a quick update. Ive done some improvements to the maps Ive made so far, as well as continuing to flesh them out and make changes(and expand) Ive also added some scripted events and hope to have a trailer up in a month/month and a half (early gameplay trailer.) As of now, I work on this on my own in my spare time.
Secondly: Quick question. One of my maps has some metal objects fall into position when the map loads making an unecessary thumping noise. Due to the number of objects in map, finding these will be painful. Is there a way to preload the map/disable sound for a second?
and Lastly: A friend whose doing some minor help on the project was kind enough to create a track for the library (at my request.) So heres a music spoiler (cuz custom musics and stuffs)
:
http://soundcloud.com/valethedrimpaler/l...rly-sample
04-11-2014, 04:22 AM
Find