Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[OPINIONS] Extraterrestial life?
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: [OPINIONS] Extraterrestial life?

It's possible, but it will be the minority. Probably less that 0,01%.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I dont think that there's any "aliens" or other forms of life out there, but if there is, I'd say they are far less advance than us and are on the level of an average animal or bacteria.

The sci-fi, laser shooting, UFO, highly advanced and telepathy communicating aliens just dont do for me

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(03-23-2014, 04:05 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I dont think that there's any "aliens" or other forms of life out there, but if there is, I'd say they are far less advance than us and are on the level of an average animal or bacteria.

The sci-fi, laser shooting, UFO, highly advanced and telepathy communicating aliens just dont do for me

First of all I hope we all agree that:
  • Sci-Fi aliens and alien technology are imaginary and probably have nothing to do with anything in the universe.
  • UFO = Unidentified Flying Object =/= Aliens. It could be a flying vehicle, atmospheric phenomena, objects from space entering earth's atmosphere or who knows what. But definetely not aliens. They wouldn't cross millions or billions of light years just to come on Earth and do nothing.

But I can't follow Dogfood here. Why they CAN'T be more advanced than us? Is there a cosmic conspiracy or what?

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 04:16 PM by BAndrew.)
03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-23-2014, 04:14 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 04:05 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I dont think that there's any "aliens" or other forms of life out there, but if there is, I'd say they are far less advance than us and are on the level of an average animal or bacteria.

First of all I hope we all agree that:
  • Sci-Fi aliens and alien technology are imaginary and probably have nothing to do with anything in the universe.
  • UFO = Unidentified Flying Object =/= Aliens. It could be a flying vehicle, atmospheric phenomena, objects from space entering earth's atmosphere or who knows what. But definetely not aliens. They wouldn't cross millions or billions of light years just to come on Earth and do nothing.

But I can't follow Dogfood here. Why they CAN'T be more advanced than us? Is there a cosmic conspiracy or what?

The portrayal of aliens are quite Earth based too. I mean if they're absolutely different from us, then why do they use Human digestive system, ocular system? What if instead they don't have any human-like features but instead looks some-sort of amoeba-like?

Sure, aliens can be more advanced or less. However, Homo sapiens think that we're the best IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE. Because you know, Homo sapiens.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

(03-23-2014, 04:14 PM)BAndrew Wrote: First of all I hope we all agree that:

ofcourse they are imaginary, I already said that I highly doubt there's anything out there at all.

As for the UFO I know what it stands for and I think you already knew what i ment when I said "UFO". I ment it as an alien vehicle/spacecraft or anything related to other unknown life forms which do not reside on Earth.

I made fun of the sci-fi concept of Aliens which some people believe that exist and behave and look the same way as hollywood media portrays them.

I said I "THINK" that "IF" there is some other lifeform, they are probably not as biologicly advanced as us. It's not a fact, it's my personal opinion.

@JAP

It's easy to act modest about it but compare the way our brain functions, the way our body is formed so we can swim, walk, dive be in cold weather AND in hot weather. Our ability to adapt and practicly abuse everything in nature (plainly said: making it our bitch) and use it to our advantage..

Compare those traits to any other known animal species. I think human race arrogance is quite justified

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM by Nice.)
03-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Anything is possible, maybe aliens invade earth tomorrow? Who knows, our known and unkown universe is too big for us to understand. Maybe we will never understand.
So the most accurate answer for this is: We don't know. The evidence we have found or not found from earth or around space, is not enough to answer this question.
03-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

@Dogfood

The UFO and the sci-fi aliens weren't refering to you specifically. You just included them in your post and I wanted to make some things clear.

Is your belief that "if there is some other lifeform, they are probably not as biologicly advanced as us" based on something? Like evidence, data?

03-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

(03-23-2014, 04:29 PM)BAndrew Wrote: Is your belief that "if there is some other lifeform, they are probably not as biologicly advanced as us" based on something? Like evidence, data?

No, it's just what I think. It's not 100%, could be true or could be false. It's my assumption.

03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Then you woke up some day and said <<Let's believe that "if there is some other lifeform, they are probably not as biologicly advanced as us">>? Come on there has to be something that convinced you to at least believe it.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 04:36 PM by BAndrew.)
03-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

(03-23-2014, 04:35 PM)BAndrew Wrote: Then you woke up some day and said <<Let's believe that "if there is some other lifeform, they are probably not as biologicly advanced as us">>? Come on there has to be something that convinced you to at least believe it.

sorry not really much in "debating" mood today, lots of school work so I admit im posting a bit vague.

But

My assumptions mostly comes from this:

Compared to other planets, Earth is incredibly beyond belief rich with resources and everything. Perfect place for living. Now look at how many different animal species we have here, billions of billions and none of them come even close to our intelligence and to the perfection our body is made. We can walk, we can swim, we can run,we can jump, we can climb, we can dive underwater, We can survive both in quite a heated enviroment as in a cold one too. We can hear, have vision (we also see a wide variety of colours) and smell. Not to mention our incredible ability to adapt.

and out of all those millions and millions of species, we're the only ones like this

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 04:43 PM by Nice.)
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Find