Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Help with converting a model !
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
Help with converting a model !

Hello there ! I'm trying to convert the street lights from AMFP, but I'm having some issues with it ! First it crashed my level editor when I simply exported them, so I saved them again in the model editor, and the level editor was able to load them.

But the mesh and texture were invisible, I tried deleting the .msh files but couldn't get better results. Anyone knows how to get them to work :o ?

I'm still a beginner with those AMFP assets, so if someone who is more experienced could just tell me what I am doing wrong/forgetting, I'd really enjoy it :3!

03-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Help with converting a model !

Well, firstly make sure you have the 131111 patch. Grab the files from MFP and copy them into another location. Delete all .msh and .anm files from them before placing them in your entities\whatever folder in TDD. I did not need to load them in the ModelViewer to regenerate the .msh file. Only the monsters. If the texture is invisible, well, I can think it's caused by a missing .msh or .mat file.

If you prefer a video explanation, perhaps this helps:
Spoiler below!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2014, 02:28 PM by Mudbill.)
03-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Help with converting a model !

Certain meshes from AMFP were made using 3DsMax instead of maya, which causes problems with normal amnesia, the 13 patch might not fix some objects, hopefully most of them should be working though.

If you're still experiencing issues you could open them up in maya and re-export them yourself.
03-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Find