Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Which game is worth it?
RaegunJones Offline

Threads: 1
Which game is worth it?

I'm thinking about buying one of these 3 games, I'd love to get all 3 but I'm kinda broke right now so I can only get one.
Which game is worth it?

I'm thinking Black Plague, but I don't know if thats the smartest move because I havn't played the first game and I'm scared I'm gunna be kinda lost.

Anyone wanna help the new kid?
=]
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Website Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Which game is worth it?

It's better to buy Overture, because it's the beginning of the story. But the difficulty is pretty same, or little bit harder. Black plague is the second part of the story. If u r scared... it's alright, everyone might be little scared playing penumbra serie at the first time (incuding me)Smile: If u get stuck, check these forums to find useful help, or send post.
12-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Well, Overture is probably the best. The graphics and all are worse than Black Plague but you'll get the story right from the start and get to know the universe better. Black Plague has better puzzles and all - and a pretty mindblowing start compared to any part of Overture, but if you buy Black Plague first you'll have some trouble understanding what's going on and you'll get to know pretty much exactly what happened in the end of Overture - which is a great cliffhanger ending.
So Overture first, then Black Plague.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Overture, 'cause of the storyline. If you start with Black Plague, Overture won't be so interesting to play 'cause you know almost everything that happened to Phillip on it.

And like Kedjane said:

You'll find trouble understanding on what's going on.
So, get Overture first! Smile:

Buy the rest of them when you have more money.
Trust me, it's better that way.

12-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Website Find
Guyra Offline

Threads: 2

I'd say Overture, too. And personally, I think it's the best game in the series in just about every way. Wink

Also, in the middle of February, the Penumbra Collection will be released. Amazon.com lists it with the low price of $19.99, so if you don't mind waiting a couple of months you could preorder it and get all three. Wink
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Find