Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help choosing a screen name
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
Help choosing a screen name

This is a pretty ridiculous sort of thing to post about, but I'm trying to figure out a screen name for an account on another site [more specifically, where I'll eventually be posting my writing and... weird creature? ... concepts. Lol

I'm debating over whether to do a cross between the words 'Haruspex' and 'Augur', or going with something along the lines of Anthropomancy.

Why? Well, while I mostly write Lovecraftian horror, I also like writing about old forms of mysticism and the like. I also happen to have a serious interest in death and birds xD.

So, what do you guys think? I've been sitting here for two hours debating over this and haven't reached a conclusion yet.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
03-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Help choosing a screen name

Take the first thing that comes to mind. That's how I choose my screen names. Also, it's the content that matters not the name of the author.

i3670 is partly my postal code.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
03-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

(03-29-2014, 08:20 PM)i3670 Wrote: Take the first thing that comes to mind. That's how I choose my screen names. Also, it's the content that matters not the name of the author.

i3670 is partly my postal code.

Your postal code? Heh, that's very clever!
Most of my online screen names are relatively random, which is why I've moved more towards coming up with things that are slightly more meaningful. Hell, my name on here is pretty much just a reference to the fact that people call me crazy all the time and I study shamanism xD

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
03-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

BrutalGoatMaster
BombingAcidDog
KittenHunter2001

want more? Wink

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2014, 09:00 PM by Nice.)
03-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

(03-29-2014, 08:59 PM)Dogfood Wrote: BrutalGoatMaster

LOL that's a good one

03-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Pick one and get comfy.

ThatCrazyShaman isnt too bad, but find one you like and just stick with it man.

03-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

"What Is Wrong With Me" is right.

Just pick one, and you'll stick with it. I can't do anything relatively bad on the internet, because I use Romul8r and Romulator practically everywhere xD That really just came from a crossover of ROM and Emulator (look them up if you don't understand them). With that said, your sn can also just be something that only you understand - or can be somewhat relative to where you are. Just be creative! Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

If you consider yourself a fiction writer, I think you should be able to come out with several nicknames by yourself. Don't be lazy.

03-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

(03-29-2014, 09:45 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Pick one and get comfy.

ThatCrazyShaman isnt too bad, but find one you like and just stick with it man.

ThatCrazyShaman is my name on a few sites, actually. I've already used it on dA [which is where I'm creating a writing-specific account], so that option is out xD

(03-29-2014, 09:52 PM)Romulator Wrote: "What Is Wrong With Me" is right.

Just pick one, and you'll stick with it. I can't do anything relatively bad on the internet, because I use Romul8r and Romulator practically everywhere xD That really just came from a crossover of ROM and Emulator (look them up if you don't understand them). With that said, your sn can also just be something that only you understand - or can be somewhat relative to where you are. Just be creative! Big Grin

I generally do the same thing, but I've already got an account on dA that shares this name lol, so I'm trying to figure out something else for it xD.

The first time I saw one of your posts on here, I actually wondered if your name was a cross between ROM and emulator lol. I probably only made that connection because of how much time I've spent in the past playing ROMs of old games - I was just looking up some earlier lolol.

(03-29-2014, 11:17 PM)Amn Wrote: If you consider yourself a fiction writer, I think you should be able to come out with several nicknames by yourself. Don't be lazy.

Ah, but I do get writer's block, you know. I can't even think up proper titles at the moment xD

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014, 01:07 AM by ThatCrazyShaman.)
03-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

My former username was Beecake or BeeKayK.
It was basically my initials.
BKK. Be Kay Kay, or BeeKayK.

Then I became FlawlessHair, because... well, my hair was pretty flawless...

Now I'm FlawlessHappiness because I got a haircut, and I'm always happy... ALWAYS!!!

Trying is the first step to success.
03-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Find