Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Player REACT Sounds
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
Changing Player REACT Sounds

Been meaning to ask this for a while. (Sorry for spamming the forum with questions lately).

I want to change the player react sounds (panting, and heavy breathing when taking damage). They are male and my character is female.

Anyone know where they are referenced? Or if they can even be changed?

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2014, 08:44 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
04-01-2014, 04:35 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Changing Player Sounds

(04-01-2014, 04:35 AM)HannahDJA Wrote: Been meaning to ask this for a while. (Sorry for spamming the forum with questions lately).

I have the ptest/Justine player jump noises, however I noticed that with taking lots of damage and going insane, the character 'breathes' MALE breaths. These breaths are apart of the "react_breath_slow.snt" file, and considering the character of my full conversion is FEMALE, it'd be pretty odd for her to have a woman voice, and woman jumping sounds, then suddenly she's breathing like a man, hahahaha.

Is it possible to change this? I can't find it in the game.cfg file and don't know where else to look.

did ya try changing the directories in the resources.cfg file ?
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2014, 05:33 AM by lothabread.)
04-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

(04-01-2014, 05:33 AM)lothabread Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 04:35 AM)HannahDJA Wrote: Been meaning to ask this for a while. (Sorry for spamming the forum with questions lately).

I have the ptest/Justine player jump noises, however I noticed that with taking lots of damage and going insane, the character 'breathes' MALE breaths. These breaths are apart of the "react_breath_slow.snt" file, and considering the character of my full conversion is FEMALE, it'd be pretty odd for her to have a woman voice, and woman jumping sounds, then suddenly she's breathing like a man, hahahaha.

Is it possible to change this? I can't find it in the game.cfg file and don't know where else to look.

I don't really know how that would change anything.

My full conversion isn't fully isolated, and relies on some of the original Amnesia stuffs, like sounds and objects. I'd rather not take away any directories.

04-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11

(04-01-2014, 06:20 AM)HannahDJA Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 05:33 AM)lothabread Wrote:

I don't really know how that would change anything.

My full conversion isn't fully isolated, and relies on some of the original Amnesia stuffs, like sounds and objects. I'd rather not take away any directories.

mines somewhat like yours then, im using a mix of TDD and AMFP so i just had to import the sounds for the new lantern and pigs as they didnt seem to work by default, that may just be a me problem though and i managed to fix it by adding the sounds to my CS folder and added the directory for sounds to the resources.cfg file
04-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

If 2 sound files have the same name and are both within reach of the resources.cfg file, they can easily get mixed up. If the female version named the same as the male? If so, you'll need to exclude it from the resources. What you can do is copy over the sounds to your mod and isolate it that way, then delete sounds as you don't need them anymore.

However that does sound somewhat unnecessary to me. If the sounds directory is added to the ptest_resources.cfg file, it should work fine for you too to include it.

04-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

(04-01-2014, 09:21 AM)Mudbill Wrote: If 2 sound files have the same name and are both within reach of the resources.cfg file, they can easily get mixed up. If the female version named the same as the male? If so, you'll need to exclude it from the resources. What you can do is copy over the sounds to your mod and isolate it that way, then delete sounds as you don't need them anymore.

However that does sound somewhat unnecessary to me. If the sounds directory is added to the ptest_resources.cfg file, it should work fine for you too to include it.

I don't have the sounds recorded yet, so there's nothing to reference. I don't know how the player sounds are referenced, aside from the jump, crouch, and stand noises, which are all found in the game.cfg file.

Changing directories would be pointless, as I'm looking for the point of reference for the files. How would the game know to look for them, instead of the original files?

04-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

If you can find where you insert the file, you can specify the path as well and that should make sure it doesn't get the wrong file (I think). Also check the .snt files. Perhaps you can do that there as well to make sure it doesn't find the wrong one.

04-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

(04-01-2014, 10:33 PM)Mudbill Wrote: If you can find where you insert the file, you can specify the path as well and that should make sure it doesn't get the wrong file (I think). Also check the .snt files. Perhaps you can do that there as well to make sure it doesn't find the wrong one.

That's what I mean, hahah. I don't know where it is, I've checked most of the files, and I don't know if I'm missing it, or what...

Edit: DESPERATE. HELP WILL GET REP. xDD In all seriousness, I really want to change this for my mod!!

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2014, 05:24 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
04-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

RE: Changing Player REACT Sounds

Anyone? Please? D:

04-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

RE: Changing Player REACT Sounds

In the game.cfg file you have the option of putting the name of the file you want to use for the different sounds. You can try creating your own .snt files and input them there, and have those .snt files point to the female sounds. If either files have the same name, include the folder(s) it lies in.

Ex: "mod/sounds/player/player_jump"

04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Find