Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team Requests Interest Check - Monster Modeller?
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20
Interest Check - Monster Modeller?

So, I'm just kind of throwing my feelers out to see if anyone is potentially interested in creating a new monster for an Amnesia custom story.

This shouldn't carry with it any sense of obligation or entitlement, but rather be a matter of passion and enjoyment. Bridge and I are already collaborating on a story piece, and we both think that the outcome will be quite good. My goal is to hopefully add one more facet to our dark work.

Due to the fact that we're still in the early stages of development, I don't want to divulge too many details in this thread, as that would really tarnish some aspects of the story. But I would absolutely love to discuss the subject material and narrative in private with anyone who is even mildly interested in working with us.

Thanks very much for reading, and please don't hesitate to contact me.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 12:00 AM by BonesTheRabbit.)
04-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Interest Check - Monster Modeller?

Creating a monster is alot of modeling and animation work (takes around 20 hours of hard work) and I doubt that anyone will make one for you unless you're paying. If you are able to pay, I might be willing to make one, not now though as Im already busy working on other projects at the moment, plus the school. But in summer when I'll have more free time I might consider making a monster for you, if you're willing to pay a reasonable price of course. Anyway, good luck on your project!

Edit: here's my deviantart page if you're intrested to see my work. http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com/gallery/

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM by Juras.)
04-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

I can empathize with the amount of time and effort animation, modelling, and texturing require. Though I feel that I should reiterate that this thread is not intended with entitled expectation or professional obligation. To put it quite simply, I'm not a game producer.

I'm not looking to burden someone with an unpleasant workload. I'm checking if anyone is interested in collaborating with us out of a mutual desire to create. The unfortunate reality is that I myself am also a full-time student, and my own efforts with the Amnesia engine are not yielding any revenue. Bridge's compositional work in this area is likewise unpaid. Beyond the potential of post-launch donations, our efforts are fruitless in the area of financial gain. We're both okay with that, and my hope is that there may be another hobbyist who feels the same about this particular craft.

Thank you for reading over the thread either way, however. I've looked over your work, and it looks quite respectable. Unfortunately, due to the ambiguity of what constitutes as reasonable payment I can't really comment on whether I'm at all able to entice a commission. Thank you for your thoughts on the subject, and if by some chance you do change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Until then, good luck in your own endeavours as well.

Addendum: I feel that I should also note that with this being a non-profit work, a reasonable degree of creative freedom would be granted. Obviously we wouldn't want something jarring or unsuitable for the narrative, but I would certainly be more open-minded than I would be paying out of pocket.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 12:17 AM by BonesTheRabbit.)
04-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Alright, I perfectly understand that. If I may ask, will you make a WIP thread soon for this project or is it still too early in developement? I'm intrested in seeing it and I think you'll have a better chance in catching someones intrest to help you if we see what you're working on as there are really few people that will want to make a monster for someone without getting payed considering the amount of work and knowledge that it requires. Either way, I hope you find someone to help you with your project! Smile

04-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

I'd like to wait a bit to set up a WIP. The narrative and some of the designs are a little in flux right now, since we're still in the 'earlier' stages. I'm also a little paranoid about hyping things up beyond my capacity to entertain, since this will technically be my first major work. Couple of folks in the community say I'm too critical of my own output, though. So maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(04-04-2014, 07:50 AM)Juras Wrote: Creating a monster is alot of modeling and animation work (takes around 20 hours of hard work) and I doubt that anyone will make one for you unless you're paying. If you are able to pay, I might be willing to make one, not now though as Im already busy working on other projects at the moment, plus the school. But in summer when I'll have more free time I might consider making a monster for you, if you're willing to pay a reasonable price of course. Anyway, good luck on your project!

Edit: here's my deviantart page if you're intrested to see my work. http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com/gallery/

What would be a reasonable price? I might continue my previous mod and a new monster would be awesome.
04-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Find
Juras Offline

(04-09-2014, 11:26 AM)OriginalUsername Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 07:50 AM)Juras Wrote: Creating a monster is alot of modeling and animation work (takes around 20 hours of hard work) and I doubt that anyone will make one for you unless you're paying. If you are able to pay, I might be willing to make one, not now though as Im already busy working on other projects at the moment, plus the school. But in summer when I'll have more free time I might consider making a monster for you, if you're willing to pay a reasonable price of course. Anyway, good luck on your project!

What would be a reasonable price? I might continue my previous mod and a new monster would be awesome.
50-100 dollars depending on what kind of monster you want (the design) and if you want all 13 animations. There's 4 different idles, 2 different attacks and 2 different notice animations that a monster can have which are uneccecary so you can use 1 animation for idle, attack and notice instead of having different variotions of them. So the number of animations can be reduced to 8 or even lower if you only need say walk, run and idle and therefore the price will be lower. I also usually draw/paint the concept design so you will know approximately how your monster will look before I start the modeling process. But like I said in my previous post, I dont have time to do more work at the moment as I'm busy with school and other projects but I'll be able to do some work in mid-end summer so If you would like to discuss this more just PM me as this kinda not related to the thread Smile

04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I'd say a 100 bucks is rather cheap.
04-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(04-09-2014, 05:17 PM)Traggey Wrote: I'd say a 100 bucks is rather cheap.

Well, yes. But I don't consider myself as a proffesional and this is just a "reasonable" price. Like I said, it depends alot on the desire of the client and what kind of monster he/she wants so the price may be higher.

04-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Oh whoops, that's a bit too much for me, another time maybe..
04-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Find