Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with HPL2 .bin files-(New to Linux)
DeadBacon Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Help with HPL2 .bin files-(New to Linux)

Hi there.
First off I just want to apologize, because this is probably going to have a obvious fix, but I'm new to Linux(Lubuntu if it matters).

I just downloaded the HPL2 editor and installed it, but all the files are all .bin files. Being new to Linux I've no idea what to do with these.
After some google search time I tried doing:

sudo chmod +x LevelEditor.bin
./Level Editor.bin

and got the error:

"Error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory."

Thanks to anyone that can help,
-Dead Bacon

Play Amnesia Machine for Pigs, Then you'll realize just how scary Dead Bacon is...
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 02:44 AM by DeadBacon.)
04-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help with HPL2 .bin files-(New to Linux)

Where did you download the editor suite from? It looks like you didn't install it correctly at all. What version of Amnesia: TDD do you have and where did you purchase it from? The HPL2 tools REQUIRE a purchased copy of Amnesia: TDD and install themselves into the game install directory.

And you shouldn't have to chmod +x the bin files at all, as the installer sets them up as executable to being with. You simply just execute them ./LevelEditor.bin. they are simply executables.. the ".bin" was only added to differentiate the 32bit from the 64bit executables (as 64bit install are named .bin64 )

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
04-11-2014, 02:49 AM
Website Find
DeadBacon Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help with HPL2 .bin files-(New to Linux)

(04-11-2014, 02:49 AM)Urkle Wrote: Where did you download the editor suite from? It looks like you didn't install it correctly at all. What version of Amnesia: TDD do you have and where did you purchase it from? The HPL2 tools REQUIRE a purchased copy of Amnesia: TDD and install themselves into the game install directory.

And you shouldn't have to chmod +x the bin files at all, as the installer sets them up as executable to being with. You simply just execute them ./LevelEditor.bin. they are simply executables.. the ".bin" was only added to differentiate the 32bit from the 64bit executables (as 64bit install are named .bin64 )

Downloaded it from http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start So I doubt that is the problems
I do have a purchased copy of ATDD. I bought it through steam.
So I guess I went wrong somewhere in the installation. It was having trouble finding the Amnesia directory, so maybe I messed up there.

When I try to run the bin file it keeps asking me what I want to open it with. Any advice?

(04-11-2014, 02:49 AM)Urkle Wrote: Where did you download the editor suite from? It looks like you didn't install it correctly at all. What version of Amnesia: TDD do you have and where did you purchase it from? The HPL2 tools REQUIRE a purchased copy of Amnesia: TDD and install themselves into the game install directory.

Tried reinstalling the HPL2 suite. It still asks me what I want to use to open the .bin files and acts like they are not executables. I'm assuming it's not the Amnesia install itself since steam handled that and Amnesia TDD runs fine.

Play Amnesia Machine for Pigs, Then you'll realize just how scary Dead Bacon is...
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 03:40 AM by DeadBacon.)
04-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Find