Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA Testers! New Custom Story
hewiefreeman Offline

Threads: 1
BETA Testers! New Custom Story

Hey everyone, you can call me Nick (or Hewie lol). I'm pretty new here on the forums but have been working with HPL2 on and off for a good while. I'd like to get some opinions and bug reports if anybody wants to give my story a shot. I'm also doing this cause it's my first attempt with custom entities:

---IN DEVELOPMENT---
Name: Abducted by Billy
Theme: Saw Movies
Type: Puzzles/Item Search/Jump Challenges/Stealth Challenges (and combinations)
Status: ~30 or more minutes of gameplay so far (will be more levels later)
Description: You are the chief interrogation unit of the Los Angeles Police Department looking for a so-called "Billy". You've harassed and tortured many of Billy's friends to find him but have struggled for a long time. Unfortunately Billy finds you first and strands you in his haunted lair to be driven insane...

Screenshots:

[Image: screeny1.png]
Attentive level design and scripting.

[Image: screeny2.png]
BATHROOMS

[Image: screeny3.png]
Light switches, custom light fixtures and working TVs!

You'll also be greeted by Billy personally >:O One thing to keep in mind is that I'm not releasing the 3rd level yet, so when you go through the level 3 door I'm sure your game will crash (so if you see the end level door on level 2, just save and quit). Thanks for taking a look, and enjoy if you chose to download Smile

DOWNLOAD - From my private server
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 01:28 AM by hewiefreeman.)
10-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: For all the BETA Testers!

I'll give it a look sometime tomorrow and let you know. In the meantime, I'm sure someone else will provide some feedback. Judging by your screenshots though, I can see you have put a substantial amount of work into this. I do like the screenshots, though I can see areas for improvement.

I'll give a proper verdict after I try it out Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Uh,...
I can not even move at the start....
What's going on?
The key falls, then i think we should be able to walk???
Just unable to do anything at all!
10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Find
hewiefreeman Offline

You need to use the shovels next to you to retrieve the key >_> Thought that was self-explanatory enough lol
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 10:25 PM by hewiefreeman.)
10-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Wel... i can NOT move at all!!
LOL...
You should fix it.. i can make a movie tomorrow for you....
AND 100 textures and entites are missing..
Like pipes \ battub? \ tv? \ sinks... a LOT of tuff is missing (at least fr me it uis :S)
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 10:52 PM by DnALANGE.)
10-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Find
hewiefreeman Offline

There are all those entities my good friend. Once you get the key on the floor with the shovel you have to use it on your chair. Everything is described in the intro and the key's description in the inventory ^_^

If the subtitles came up on your screen for the intro (which they should have tell me if they didn't) Billy says you are locked to the chair. I also just updated the zip on my server that makes it a little more clear.

And if you have any ideas how I could make it more clear to others in the future please throw them my way!
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 12:04 AM by hewiefreeman.)
10-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Find
hewiefreeman Offline

RE: BETA Testers! New Custom Story

Just noticed I never added the toilet entity to the custom story's folder!! lol I uploaded updated version. Sorry that's bad....
10-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Loved it so far, but don't know what to do that "Dungeon area" where are hanging lamps and both doors locked and that "Shower" with dead body?

Really interesting idea so far, I love saw movies and this is really well made, map design can be better in my opinion, but overall it's really good Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
10-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Your code needs a little revision, somehow I went back to the first test and found the key again. It screwed up everything. Also the events are kinda confusing, I'm not too sure what you expect from the player on some parts, I can guess it after I get killed and look around. But the idea is not clear.

10-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Find