Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Abandoned Town (Community Project)
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project)

You guys are welcome to make puzzles that span over more than one area (it would be nice if I knew so I didn't put them on opposite sides of the main map). If you want anything to tie in to the main hub area, let me know c: perhaps they'll have to fetch a bucket of water and put out a fire to get to a certain place (bucket being in a house, water from the river) or do some super-cool wall-climbing skills to get in to a second-floor appartment :D

Go wild :D it's a community project - not "we all made uncannily simmilar things because Carnivorous Jellybean's a mapping slave master" project :p

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 02:43 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I made a video of what I am capable of doing with the hpl assests; It's a slow progressing project, a video of it.

If you find something to your interest from the custom story, tell me, I'll teach my trick.

I apologize for my playing style, but I had to do it quick, the size of the video would've piled up too big.

Spoiler below!

07-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I wanna make a hooooouuuuuuuuse! Just a house! You know. A plane house. Some dude lived there... I'll figure something out don't worry!

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(07-29-2014, 07:52 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: A plane house.

[Image: 6_plane-house.jpg]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I expect to see that exactly, Flawless

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
07-30-2014, 04:43 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Ok, ok, ok, Romulator, a PLAIN house, ok? Big Grin
Hooray for typo...

Yiss. Who's making the exterior of the city? Like I can't just make a house if I don't know how it looks from the outside ^^

Trying is the first step to success.
07-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Find
Echohalls Offline

Threads: 1

Seems Interesting ^^ might participate to show my talents

My idea would be to make a Museum House, in laymans terms... a historic house which has sort of a horror element to it, the story behind the place gets more disturbing and things might change inside it that wasn't noticed before...

Just an idea I wanted to throw in Smile

[Image: tumblr_mv57o0xppD1sx7cayo3_500.jpg]
Lord Of Tears - 2014
08-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I don't think horror should be implemented here. Just Mystery.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Noted up for the plot, we should discuss and vote about this, since I was thinking something with horror elements, but I am fine with mystery too.
08-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Here's my idea.
Spoiler below!

IDEAS
I think that the town should be near the beach or near a lake so we can enjoy the wonderful nature and make the idea of fishing. What I want is mundane stuff.
By the way if you want I'll make the Player swim in the lake.

Also if possible create a small town that is famous because lots of people like go to it in the holidays or maybe just trying to find a place to settle down.

Try making every entrance blocked except from where you are. Also no music. This is to heighten that feeling of isolation.

TOWN PERSONALITIES
The townspeople are nice, great schools (primary only though), a low crime rate, a wonderful hospital, lots of jobs, you name it. The population should be between 7.500 - 8.000. We should have like a jail.

STORY
You are a resident of this town for 3-4 years. You know everyone, the pub owner, the hotel manager, everyone. And then you were away for a week and then you're back. When you got there, the place is oddly empty. You assume they're gone fishing so you go to your house. But the door is unlocked. You go to every place but everyone is gone but the place is still in near-perfect state.

PURPOSE
This is to give some relation to the mundane that can reinforce the theme, Mystery or Horror. We can get voice actors so that when you go to the hotel and you can say stuff like, "Jake(hotel owner), where are all the others?".

The element of isolation is there to make sure that some horror events can happened and so that the mystery theme won't take over much until there is no space for some scary moments.

By the way guys, any jobs? I got Architect, Pub owner, Hotel manager, and a Town mayor. These jobs won't be for you but for some relations. Like you can go to the pub and be like, "John(pub owner) I need a pint. John? Where is everyone?"

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 01:50 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
08-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Find