Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS?
4thcoming Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS?

Hello

As a huge fan that has just completed Amnesia:TDD and Justine I would love to make a custom story/mod, two actually, the first being based on the movie Alien (1979) or Aliens (1986) as well as a 2nd CS, based on the movie Edward Scissorhands (1992, I think) the questions I have are:

1. Is this possible making a CS/mod based on these movie franchises?

2. Would it be hard making/importing textures based on these movies and

3. I have never made a custom story or mod, is it difficult to make?

If anyone can answer these questions, thanks.

(Also thanks to Markiplier on youtube for introducing me and millions of others to Amnesia and the great CS/mod The Things in the Night as well as many other great CS/mods, eventually leading me to this very forum here).
04-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS?

1. Absolutely.
2. Making models yes, hard. Importing not that much but you gotta learn some stuff anyways.
And it's not easy to find free models and/or get permission to use them.
3. Not if you want a simple castle+notes mod.
4. If you wanna make good stuff you gotta read a lot.
5. Mark never plays my mods :mad:

04-23-2014, 04:59 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

1. Anything is possible, it's only limited by your imagination and creativity.

2. Importing textures is pretty simple, but if you want to create your own models, that will probably take time to learn. Depending on how much custom stuff you want, I'd say it could be difficult for a starter, but by all means possible.

3. I was quite surprised how simple things were to understand when I first started. It's not difficult to get an understanding of how the tools work, but it will require some thinking and skill to create a logical level. I suggest starting with a CS before a mod. They are easier. All you really need to make a functional story are some maps to play, some scripts to go along, and some of the files you'll need for the story. You can make use of the default assets as much as you'd like.

04-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(04-23-2014, 09:33 AM)Mudbill Wrote: 1. Anything is possible, it's only limited by your imagination and creativity.

Multiplayer.

04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(04-23-2014, 11:56 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 09:33 AM)Mudbill Wrote: 1. Anything is possible, it's only limited by your imagination and creativity.

Multiplayer.

Anything's possible Wink

Perhaps not with a simple mod, but if Frictional can make a game, they surely can make a multiplayer game. If we had access to the core engine, some modder could possibly manage to do it.

But okay, I'll give in and say that it's likely not possible to do with HPL2 as it's not optimized for it.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 12:15 PM by Mudbill.)
04-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Find
4thcoming Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks everyone that replied on here! Been bust, finally got back to reading this
and I will consider making a CS first before a mod.

(04-23-2014, 04:59 AM)Amn Wrote: 1. Absolutely.
2. Making models yes, hard. Importing not that much but you gotta learn some stuff anyways.
And it's not easy to find free models and/or get permission to use them.
3. Not if you want a simple castle+notes mod.
4. If you wanna make good stuff you gotta read a lot.
5. Mark never plays my mods :mad:

Thank you so much for this advice and hopefully if Mark
is interested in your mod(s) he will play it/them someday!

2. Importing textures is pretty simple, but if you want to create your own models, that will probably take time to learn. Depending on how much custom stuff you want, I'd say it could be difficult for a starter, but by all means possible.

3. I was quite surprised how simple things were to understand when I first started. It's not difficult to get an understanding of how the tools work, but it will require some thinking and skill to create a logical level. I suggest starting with a CS before a mod. They are easier. All you really need to make a functional story are some maps to play, some scripts to go along, and some of the files you'll need for the story. You can make use of the default assets as much as you'd like.

Thanks for the advice here!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 04:21 PM by 4thcoming.)
04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Find