Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I've got a great idea for a new game!
alesx Offline

Threads: 1
I've got a great idea for a new game!

Hey guys,

I've been wondering what you're future games could look like and a pretty good idea came to my mind:
Egypt!
It's 2015 and there's a huge and complex, ancient tomb found in egypt. You're playing an archeologist in an expitidion exploring the tomb together with other scientists. And of course, something goes wrong and youre trapped in that huge tomb. Unfortunately, you're completely own your own since the other archeologists were outside of the tomb or maybe somewhere else in the tomb when whatever kind of accident happened. The only thing you got with you is a flashlight (or maybe some other source of light, not sure). Your goal might be to find some kind of artifact/s down there, just get out of there or maybe save some of the other scientists that are trapped in the tomb. If you've watched movies like 'The Mummy' or played some of the old Tomb Raider games before, you might know that the atmosphere in such egyptian tombs is amazing, it makes you feel totally alone.

Talking about monsters that you'd encounter - I'm not sure. But I know that it shouldnt be mummys (atleast not those that are wrapped into toiletpaper, that would be kinda boring and retarded since it's been there a million times.) What I can imagine is something like this though:

[Image: 108-Golem2.jpg]

Some golem-like creature.

Or something like this:
[Image: Scary-ghost-monster-creepy-creature_www....lz.net.jpg]

And of course there need to be places to hide from the enemies. There could be lots of things like hiding in coffins or trap doors or something like that.

So yeah, it's just an idea. What do you think? Smile
04-25-2014, 02:29 AM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3
RE: I've got a great idea for a new game!

Sounds like a good idea, kinda has an Amnesia feel to it, tombs and pyramids. If you are going to make this game, I wish you all the best in development Wink

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
04-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Find
alesx Offline

(04-25-2014, 05:51 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote: Sounds like a good idea, kinda has an Amnesia feel to it, tombs and pyramids. If you are going to make this game, I wish you all the best in development Wink

Haha, I'm not going to develop any game. It was just an idea for Frictional Games for a new Amnesia, Penumbra or whatever game Tongue
04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

So basically Draugrs from Skyrim Wink

I like the idea.
It's still the same concept:

>Be me.
>Find old place.
>Excited.jpg
>Must explore this shit
>Thinks about bringing the other scientists
>"Nah fuck it, I'll go in alone"
>"Fuck I can't get out"
>Monsters everywhere
3. ???????
4. Profit

unless there's a whole other backstory behind it all.

"Pharaoh had a prophecy! Saying when the black sun rises, his armies would rise from the grave to re-conquer not only Egypt, but the world."

Something like that...

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014, 02:53 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Sounds more like an idea for a scenario/setting than specifically an idea for a game. Anyways it reminded me of this thing that popped up a few days ago:

(Yes indeed Blender Game Engine is utter crap performance wise.)
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

That's a cool story and premise and all but where's the game idea? Is it a shooter? a survival horror? third or first person? Platformer? What are the primary systems and what mechanics paces the game? Is there resource management? weapons?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Find
alesx Offline

(04-25-2014, 03:32 PM)eliasfrost Wrote: That's a cool story and premise and all but where's the game idea? Is it a shooter? a survival horror? third or first person? Platformer? What are the primary systems and what mechanics paces the game? Is there resource management? weapons?

survival horror of course! as i said, it's just an idea for frictional games for a new penumbra, amnesia or whatever kind of game. same mechanics, first person etc.
04-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(04-25-2014, 02:53 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: So basically Draugrs from Skyrim Wink

I like the idea.
It's still the same concept:

>Be me.
>Find old place.
>Excited.jpg
>Must explore this shit
>Thinks about bringing the other scientists
>"Nah fuck it, I'll go in alone"
>"Fuck I can't get out"
>Monsters everywhere
3. ???????
4. Profit

unless there's a whole other backstory behind it all.

"Pharaoh had a prophecy! Saying when the black sun rises, his armies would rise from the grave to re-conquer not only Egypt, but the world."

Something like that...
Lol.
The ???? > profit joke always works for me xD

04-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I don't think that this monsters fitting into that game's place. They don't even look scary. Instead they are kitschy and funny like the monsters from Outlast and most other games. You're talking about "enemies" and they look evil like typical from every other horror media. But this is not a good idea for a really good (horror) game.

At first you need a good story that is about something like god, universe, life, love, nature and/or mind. And what let you esteem the valuable things.

So, every monster should make a sense of the story and when your game is playing in egypt you need something like this:

[Image: SETH1.jpg]

[Image: anubis-4792619.jpg]

[Image: 8748_0.jpg]

I think such a game would be a great idea, but the only thing you mentioned is the location. It's not even worth to call it an "idea". As I said, you need a story.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 04:47 PM by Googolplex.)
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Find