Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird brightness changing during play
MoonMoon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Weird brightness changing during play

Hey!
I have this frustrating problem with Amnesia,that brightness changes during the game.I have gamma on 0.85,but when I play and look at some place at a certain angle,the game gets really dark like on the lowest gamma setting.But when I look at the same place and I'm standing a few centimeters more to left or right,the lightning is normal.

Oh yeah,and everything seems normal when I'm on the highest gamma setting or I'm using a lantern.The game played normally before I changed my hard drive.

I also updated my drivers,reinstalled game,but it didn't help.

Here are my specs:

Geforce GTX280
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows Vista 64bit

Also,I tried to take a screenshot of what Amnesia should look on my settings,and how it looks with the brightness bug,but on the screenshots it looks normal...(also tried to take a picture with my phone but the quality was very crappy so...yeah.)

(Sorry for all the grammar and logical errors)

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.65 KB / Downloads: 91)
05-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Weird brightness changing during play

You're not talking about the night vision effect, are you? The one where if you stand in complete darkness, the area around you starts to illuminate? If you stand in the light and look into a dark area, it will not use this night vision effect, so it will remain as dark as a black hole.

05-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Find
MoonMoon Offline

(05-04-2014, 05:17 AM)Mudbill Wrote: You're not talking about the night vision effect, are you? The one where if you stand in complete darkness, the area around you starts to illuminate? If you stand in the light and look into a dark area, it will not use this night vision effect, so it will remain as dark as a black hole.

No,In fact, the night vision effect is not even present. If I remembered correctly,the area is illuminating in blue colour,right? Well,it doesn't show for me
05-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Have you been running any mods or modified some configs? Mods have the ability to edit/remove the whole night vision effect by editing the configs, but this can also be done by editing the original configs. Perhaps you should do an integrity check if you got it on Steam.

05-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Find
MoonMoon Offline

I did an integrity check,it says only one file is changed,but it was probably sdl,that I downloaded so I could alt+tab from the game.

Also no mods or tcs,only a couple of cs in the folder.

The night vision only not works when the brightness bug occurs.
05-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Find
MoonMoon Offline

Well...It works good now.Apparently I had an ugly virus on one program,that randomly poped-up new websites on my firefox,and, I guess,of all games and programs,it had to**** up my Amnesia? Weird,but it's true.
(Also,thanks Mudbill for the willingless to help me Wink,nobody could probably guess that the problem was an other program that was infected)

Thread to close
05-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Find