Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Extreme deep thoughts of my twisted mind.
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
Extreme deep thoughts of my twisted mind.

I've been trought deep thinkings about human mind, and somehow it feels like these things connect to each other.

In evolution, who is the one that chooses what inside or outside start to evolve? What part inside us needs to start changing?

When we feel sleepy, who desinged brain to produce melatonin to make us feel this way?

Why does our brain reward us with "hormony of good feeling", when we do something involved to it?

This list goes on and on, why does it feel like someone or something is controlling and guiding us to survive in this planet by hormones and different senses? They work like strings and we are the puppets, if we don't obey, the worst thing is death.

For instance: just look at reproduction, it's not necessary for human itself to live, but hormones and senses guide us to do so, they guide us to reproduce so our species won't vanish.

I have one theory: it was our earlier simple form that desinged, made this system, for the future generations to survive.
But i am not so sure. There are other possibilities.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014, 06:31 PM by Red.)
05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Extreme deep thoughts of my twisted mind.

Brain is fantastic, but at the same time so strange and complex. We do not fully understand how human brain works, although we have some theories and insight on some areas.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

05-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Human brain is an organic masterpiece.
The natural pinnacle of complexcity.
05-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

When the conditions became appropriate, a certain type of matter, an organism, began to appear on our planet which has self-replicating properties (abiogenesis). When replication occurs, there are bound to be mutations. Some mutations allowed an organism to adapt better to the environment, thus causing it to survive longer and replicate more. All our brain's hormones and neurotransmitters that control our thoughts probably came about because they were beneficial to our survival.

[Image: p229xcq]
05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

+Froge. Speaking generally, we feel good chemicals from doing things beneficial to our survival and bad things from things that are harmful because the organisms with those impulses are naturally better adapted than those that don't. The former survive to reproduce and pass those traits down the line. It's not design, just bias in the system.

Many hypotheses for creation of life, some include a designer, but those have relatively less evidence than others.(IE, none)

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
05-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah, i was gonna say that if there's something that knows what is beneficial and what is not, there most be some intelligent system inside the cell controlling.
05-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Except there's none. Organisms don't get to choose how they evolve. Selective pressure does so.

[Image: p229xcq]
05-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Then that means everything must be a hell of a coincidence. Oh well i just remembered, we did have couple of billion years time to develop, that's insane amount.
Like limbs, enivormental pressure forced us to grow simple mutation which developed more complex mutation by time.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 06:11 AM by Red.)
05-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-06-2014, 06:29 PM)Red Wrote: In evolution, who is the one that chooses what inside or outside start to evolve?

Not who, but what. The thing that drives evolution is Natural Selection.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(05-06-2014, 06:29 PM)Red Wrote: This list goes on and on, why does it feel like someone or something is controlling and guiding us to survive in this planet by hormones and different senses? They work like strings and we are the puppets, if we don't obey, the worst thing is death.

For instance: just look at reproduction, it's not necessary for human itself to live, but hormones and senses guide us to do so, they guide us to reproduce so our species won't vanish.

Why would death be the "worst thing". We don't know anything about death or what occurs when death happens. Also, death happens no matter if you "obey the hormones" or not.

If your second statement is true, why aren't we all just reproducing all the time? We can choose to not reproduce. Since we have the ability to do choices and can choose not to reproduce doesn't that go against evolution?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Find