Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My costum story keeps crashing after some time?
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: My costum story keeps crashing after some time?

Quote:After the aamfp patch, a new bug has been appearing, it happens instantly when you bring brute to the map.
No BRUTE could be found..
Did you give it another name maybe?
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 03:43 PM by DnALANGE.)
05-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Find
Melaara Offline

Threads: 2

(05-10-2014, 03:41 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
Quote:After the aamfp patch, a new bug has been appearing, it happens instantly when you bring brute to the map.
No BRUTE could be found..
Did you give it another name maybe?

Like I said, a few hours ago I changed all brutes to grunts (also in the script..have I overlooked some?) because I thought it would save the problem. Before that I had two brutes in the game. One that was always active, so it was not in the script, and another one at the end, where it should spawn with a trigger.
05-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Funny. First playthrough, crashed.
Second playthrough, crashed.
Third time.. nothing.. 4 minutes in, have run past two grunts.. I genuinely have no idea what the problem is o.0

Edit:
The only thing I can find out of the ordinary is that you're missing this in your custom_story_settings.cfg:
MapsFolder = "maps/"

Everything else seems fine though. I did delete a few things which were outside the map (I think there was a wall, a billboard and a ladder top), perhaps try removing them too (billboard and ladder top are off to the right of the starting room, and the wall is underneath the map to the left).

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 04:14 PM by Romulator.)
05-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Find
Melaara Offline

Very weird. Undecided But still thank you. I just found an old save of my map where I did not add the second brute yet. Guess I just have to try this one out.

I also deleted the stuff you were talking about, but it still crashed so it seems it had nothing to do with that.

Where exactly do I have to put the MapsFolder = "maps/" in the cfg file? And after the / I guess I have to add the name of the map right? xD (Sorry, like I said I'm really new to that.. I really hope I don't bother you with such little things.. ^^")

Edit: I've now loaded the older map where I have not placed the second brute and it seems to work perfectly fine. Guess I just have to go on with that, although I really don't get it. Big Grin Anyway, thank you SO much for your help. Without you I guess I would have gone crazy! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 04:36 PM by Melaara.)
05-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

No no, dont worry Smile We're here to help Smile

Here - Copy and paste this - overwrite what's already in that .cfg file. Smile I don't think it will make any difference though, seeing as the one on my end did not need to be adjusted!

<Main
    Name="Meine lieben Komissare!"
    Author="Der Moerder"
    ImgFile="creepy.jpg"
    MapsFolder = "maps/"
    StartMap="Ani.map"
    StartPos=""
/>

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Find
Melaara Offline

Thank you. ^^

Yeah, as you said nothing happened. Game still crashed. But nevermind. At least I got the old map which works. Tongue Just have to add some walls, the bridge and an enemy.

Nevertheless thank you all a thousand times! ^^ Without you I wouldn't have found my old map. ^^

If I ever solve the problem (probably won't, I'm not that good xD) I'll just edit here I guess. xD

Again, thank you guys! ^^
05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Find