Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Black Plague] Final door sometimes opens, sometimes doesn't
Laink Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug  [Black Plague] Final door sometimes opens, sometimes doesn't

Hello,

That thread will seem a bit strange to you, as I do want to do a glitch in the game, as I'm a speedrunner (I currently finish the game in approximately 15 minutes in one segment). There is something at the end of the game that I don't understand and I desperately need help from Penumbra BP's devs or community.

At the end of the run, the very last glitch is to clip through the wall in the Examination Room thanks to the shaft, to click the computer, click on the objects and finish the game by clicking again on the computer.

The problem is, when I click on the four 'objects' to trigger the computer, sometimes the door (2nd object) can't be clicked. And sometimes it can. It seems to be random.

It opens : [video=youtube]http://youtu.be/oBtTIt4gnXw[/video]
It doesn't : http://youtu.be/B6GKObG0axI

I did the two segments from the same save file, and tried to have approximately the same timing. In the second video, the door just can't be clicked, and I don't understand why.

Note : this glitch (when the door can't be clicked) happens a lot in single segment, when I do the game from the beginning to the end without loading a save. When I do load a save, it can be clicked most of the time (but sometimes it still can't be).

Note 2 : when I wait for the end of the dialogue before clicking on the computer for the first time, the door always opens, even in single segment.

I think it's random, but I can't help thinking this door behaves in a mysterious way I don't understand. Is this door deactivated by default and triggered by something ? Do I do something that deactivates it ? Is it just a random glitch ?

PS : Sorry for glitching the game, devs. This in an awesome game to speedrun. Here is my current personal best run if anyone is interested : http://www.twitch.tv/lainkompris/c/4207491 (WR is 15:23 by StriKe62700)
I got a 14:56 run, but it was cancelled by this door Smile

Thanks for your help !
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM by Laink.)
05-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Black Plague] Final door sometimes opens, sometimes doesn't

My only suggestion would be to check the scripts to see how the door can actually open legitimately, and see how you can trigger it in the most minimal time possible.

All I can suggest, seeing as I have never played the game Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 12:34 PM by Romulator.)
05-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Black Plague] Final door sometimes opens, sometimes doesn't

Thanks for your answer !

Just thought of something looking at the two videos.
I can't verify it at the moment, but I think the door is triggered after I click on the computer, when there is the white text on the black background. In the video where the door remains deactivated, I seem to skip this text faster than in the other video. Because of that, maybe the door trigger script doesn't have enough time to be properly executed.

Just a theory though... I never paid much attention to this text, tonight I'll try to skip it at different speeds and see what happens.

If I'm right, I will feel really dumb, as it's quite easy to understand that the trigger is happening when I click on the computer (the door is disabled before and enabled after).
05-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Laink Offline

Forgot to login. That was me Smile
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Haha, no problems! Hope you can figure it out. Good luck on your run! Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Marking this as solved. I'm certain it's a trigger that fails for some reason due to the tricks you're doing. It's not a bug since the game was not intended to be played like that. But sure, you can fiddle around with the scripts if you want. Wink
05-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Find
Laink Offline

Found the solution by digging into the map scripts, if anyone is interested.
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post...ed_83.html
05-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Find