Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dreaming
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Dreaming

@SomethingRidiculous

I followed the first person and it worked... almost. I started writing things I remembered from my dreams in a piece of paper immediately after I woke up. Problem is when I was writing it everything seemed ok, but now they make no sense at all.

Also is it just me or is it easier to lucid dream when sleeping at sleep_time:

noon<sleep_time<afternoon

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

05-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(05-25-2014, 02:13 AM)Abraxas Wrote: I also have had dreams come true. Nothing big, just conversations/mundane events that I dreamt about and then happened. Makes me wonder just what exactly our subconscious mind is attached to.
Yup! That's exactly what I was trying to say when posting before you, glad to know that I'm not the only one (not really glad to know that I'm not the prophet or anything though).

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
05-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(05-25-2014, 02:34 PM)Potato Wrote:
(05-25-2014, 02:13 AM)Abraxas Wrote: I also have had dreams come true. Nothing big, just conversations/mundane events that I dreamt about and then happened. Makes me wonder just what exactly our subconscious mind is attached to.
Yup! That's exactly what I was trying to say when posting before you, glad to know that I'm not the only one (not really glad to know that I'm not the prophet or anything though).

Lol. Yeah, it's not like I can pick out which parts will come true and which won't. But its weird when it comes weeks in advance.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 02:15 AM by VaeVictis.)
05-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The process of lucid dreaming is pretty simple actually. All you need is the know how and the consistency/discipline.

How to: Keep a dream journal, write down every time you wake up whatever you remember no matter how small the detail.

Over time your dream 'recall' will naturally improve. It will take a good few months before you accomplish full lucidity where you can control what you do in your dreams, but you should notice improved recall very quickly.

In just 2 weeks of this practice my recall got improved significantly. I also came very close to full lucidity. Sadly I found it too hard to carry on when having to wake up for stuff. Might start over again since college is down now though.

Definitely check out this guys channel, he can get very deep at times but he's realistic and against new-age techniques. Video is old but gold.

[Image: luv.gif]
05-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Honestly, when it comes to dreaming, it's completely random for me. The dreams can take on many different themes, usually 1 throughout the whole thing, but then there are dreams that change themes so drastically and rapidly that it's just... eerie in a way.

Not to mention, when it comes to recalling them, if I do remember how to recall them at the moment of awakening, then I may be able to recall and "remember" most of the details (never all of them, with the exception of nightmares, which are so traumatizing that I always remember them) but sometimes I will remember specific moments out of some of them.
For example, I clearly remember meeting one of my Australian companions from YouTube in a dream, showing me something fun and chit-chatting in person, something that's probably never going to happen, and that piece still stuck with me, even though I didn't try to recall any of it.

And there's the blank, or black dreams that I also encounter. Absolutely no activity on that side of the world there.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
05-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Website Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

With my dreams, I find they change constantly. One moment I might be a guy talking to someone, then I'm a third party observer then both people completely change. It used to be I would dream and at the start of it, in dream, I'd say to myself "I've had this dream before", but upon waking, I'd realize I never had that dream before. 0.o

But most of the time in my dreams, I either find myself using the bathroom, dreaming about this one friend I haven't talked to or seen in years (seriously, she's the one friend I'm nearly always dreaming about), or my teeth fall out and I start to choke on them.

As you can tell, I don't generally have difficulty remembering my dreams. Plus, they can get so graphic and deranged its hard to not remember them.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 09:03 AM by AGP.)
05-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(05-28-2014, 09:02 AM)AGP Wrote: Plus, they can get so graphic and deranged its hard to not remember them.

I'm pretty sure everyone's been there beforehand.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
05-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Website Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Every dream I see is an acid trip. I remember seeing a dream where some gorilla chased after me by tractor and a very strange one where my neigbour tried to explode me to million pieces with some kind of missile. Don't remember correctly, but those dreams were so intense, I had to keep them in mind so I could remember even part of them.
I don't need even weed, I just close my eyes an let my weird mind do the rest.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 12:31 PM by Red.)
05-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-28-2014, 12:30 PM)Red Wrote: Every dream I see is an acid trip. I remember seeing a dream where some gorilla chased after me by tractor and a very strange one where my neigbour tried to explode me to million pieces with some kind of missile. Don't remember correctly, but those dreams were so intense, I had to keep them in mind so I could remember even part of them.

How to get high without using drugs 101 right there.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(05-28-2014, 12:30 PM)Red Wrote: Every dream I see is an acid trip. I remember seeing a dream where some gorilla chased after me by tractor and a very strange one where my neigbour tried to explode me to million pieces with some kind of missile. Don't remember correctly, but those dreams were so intense, I had to keep them in mind so I could remember even part of them.

weed wouldnt do anything like that, try mushrooms instead Big Grin

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Find