Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Voice Actors Required!
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).Still Alive!

My review of the demo:

I thought that the demo was VERY enjoyable with a few minor issues holding it back but first, the good parts:

- I don't care if this is a minor thing but getting those models to work in A: TDD is worth one point

- The first level was really detailed and enjoyable, there was one part where I was looking for items in random buildings and when I found a huge stash of laudanum a Man Pig starts running at my face and I ran away faster than a dil-rabbit on a horn-pickle

- The second area was very big and detailed at the same time, it really felt like a real place

The bad:

- The second area (The Apartments) were filled with AI bugs, for example, one pig gets stuck on the stairs and faces a wall

- Some of the doors are locked and have informal reasons why ("whats with all these locked doors") unless this is a humorous FC you should remove those as it breaks the immersion

Other than that I give this demo a 7 out of 10, a really good effort. With more polish I cannot wait to see how this will turn out.
04-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(04-23-2015, 07:26 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: - Some of the doors are locked and have informal reasons why ("whats with all these locked doors") unless this is a humorous FC you should remove those as it breaks the immersion
EDIT:Nevermind.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 06:15 PM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Oh OK...
04-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Find

Here's a quick preview of the soundtrack.

08-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Find

Sorry for double posting but I have ask something very important about the fate of the mod.
What do yous guys want me to do?
Should I:
Port to HPL3 now or Finish Levels in HPL2 and then port to HPL3

What do yous think is technically and personally best for the mod?
10-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

HPL3 cannot open HPL2 maps as of now. It would make little sense to finish them in HPL2 if you intend to port them anyway.

Now, you could of course just let it be an HPL2 project.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 07:20 PM by Mudbill.)
10-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

Let it be an HP2 project and start on planning for SOMA. :3
I would still play this but it has to be ready Big Grin

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
10-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Find

I would like to make a quick announcement: As November 29th, bare bones mapping has been completed and Detail and Scripting are only things need to be done. Alot of progress has been made over the few months.
11-30-2015, 12:36 AM
Find

RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Full Steam Ahead!

Sorry for the double posting but massive update.
Amnesia: The Streets Of London New Year's Update
Production: I'm happy that so many of yous are still watching/tracking the mod after so long. I'm happy to say that there the mod is almost done and only scripting and story(notes,events and acting) are things that are needed to be done before the mod's hopeful November 2016 release. There is a large vertical slice of the mod which I hope to show more in the upcoming months. I haven't talked much about the story or gameplay but I think the time is right.

Story(Contains Spoilers for A Machine for Pigs):
Spoiler below!
116 years ago,at 10:00 pm on 31st of December 1899, Oswald Mandus began on a personal journey to save his children and stop The Machine from destroying London and causing more pain and suffering to the world. Despite his heroic efforts and destruction of The Machine, he is reviled by the people of London due the evidence pointing to him as the culprit behind The London Pig Riots of 1899. Oswald Mandus has replaced The Ripper's previous bogeyman image and is now a spook story to scare children and young people to not linger on the streets at night and to stay away from factories,butchers and warehouse. Nobody knows what really happened that night or the events that lead up to it, the citizens of London do not know Mandus' side of the story expect one.

This is the account of John Morion, an Irish immigrant who worked at The Damson Templar and braved The Streets Of London on that unfaithful night. Not only he found not the true story of what really happened he also discovered something else....something that was unseen until he ventured The complexes of The Mandus Factory. Something beyond comprehension...Something that shouldn't been forgotten.

Gameplay:Streets Of London is less puzzle-focused than most Amnesia mods in order to keep the flow of the story going but however John Morion will have to battle endless droves of Manpigs and enemies both new and old. There is no "proper" sanity meter since it is not required for the story but Streets Of London aims to creep you out without aid from this gimmick. Items such as oil and health are rare and are hard to find but lucky health does regenerate! It's faster than Dark Descents! But it's slower than A Machine For Pigs....

Spoiler below!
[Image: Amnesia_2015-12-30_14-52-47-76.png]
The Warehouse
"A Warehouse in somewhere between The South and East Ends of London. Recently bought by Mandus Processing Company to store some of their "products" due to overflowing and lack of space in the Mandus Factory. The Workers who undertake facility are growing suspicious of what they are suppose to look after..."

[Image: Amnesia_2015-12-30_14-56-56-70.png]
Creature Of The Night
"After The Ripper Case, very few people dare to linger on the streets at night-time, many citizens especially in The East End shut themselves in whatever shelter they could find,in fear that they will become the next victim of some masochistic. Unfortunately on the night, they have right to coward in their homes."
More Screenshots on the Moddb page

Conclusion:I'm finally glad that the mod is now shaping up and hopefully down the road, you get to see more content and download and play the mod at last alongside some extra stuff(Soundtrack etc). I hopes you have a careful new year. Take care people!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016, 05:47 AM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
12-31-2015, 09:40 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Full Steam Ahead!

Now that is what I like to seeeee

01-01-2016, 02:22 AM
Find