Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help [SOLVED] Maya
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: [SOLVED] Maya

(06-09-2014, 03:19 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Newer versions have a newer logo. The 2011 one uses the dragon icon, but for example 2014 uses a torquoise-ish M.

It actually took me a little while to find the 2011 version on their site. I'm sure they probably recommend their newest version. Just gotta dig through and you'll find it.

I spent quite some time looking for it since I had to reset my laptop not too long ago but they seem to have taken 2011 off their student download page. You wouldn't happen to.. uhh... know where that link is, would you? =]
06-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: [SOLVED] Maya

Hm, I suppose I could try to look, but I really haven't gone through there in over a year. If they took it down, it could've been a while ago.

Edit: Below is the link for the direct download of the file I have. It's the Mac OS X version though, mind you. I couldn't manage to find this on their website, but it was written on the file I had downloaded from before. I guess I was lucky to actually keep this .dmg install file xP

Perhaps the Windows version is in a similar location.

Link: http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWD...7&ext=.exe, http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=downloa...s=Mac+OS+X

Unsure why it appears as two links, but that's what it said on my file.

Edit 2: It indeed looks like they've removed 2011 from the download list. I don't know why, but they probably figured it wasn't necessary anymore.
[Image: 7esiwFJ.png]

However, I've heard newer version of Maya work with Amnesia now? I think someone said the Collada plugin was updated to support 2014, which was the only thing that until now that was stopping Amnesia from using anything but 2011. Is this true?

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 07:44 PM by Mudbill.)
06-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Find