Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom things
G510s Offline
Banned

Threads: 32
custom things

Does anybody know where i can get custom static objects and entities?

and if so can you also tell me how i can put them into my game so i can use them...thank you!
[/size][/font]
06-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: custom things

everywhere.. on a lot of Full Conversion mod as White Night \ Premonition \ Amnesia Hill \ And a lot more..
BUT.. also check the resources on this forum : https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-42.html
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 11:55 AM by DnALANGE.)
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: custom things

Basically you can get them anywhere, but the above linked forum is dedicated to such. You can also make your own if you know how to. If you end up with just the model files (.dae for model + texture files, preferrably .dds), you can use it in Amnesia if exported correctly. All you must do is open the .dae file in the Model Viewer, import the mesh in the Model Editor, edit its settings, save it as an .ent file, then load that .ent file in the Level Editor.

Keep in mind that any custom entities you have must be placed in your entities folder when you're using them in the Level Editor. When you run the game, however, they can be located in your custom story folder.

For example:
AmnesiaRootFolder/entities/custom/mymodel/mymodel.ent
AmnesiaRootFolder/custom_stories/mystory/entities/mymodel/mymodel.ent

I suggest moving the files when you export your story.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 01:25 PM by Mudbill.)
06-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Find