Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED]Changing Thumbnail/Menu loading screen
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
[SOLVED]Changing Thumbnail/Menu loading screen

Two things.

I'm looking to change the thumbnail that shows up in the task bar when you play the game. Currently, it's an eye, and I wanted to know if this was changeable, or integrated?

Next is the blue baby-face picture that comes up during the before menu loading screen and when the game is being loaded after you start your game. I'm looking to make my Full Conversion a little more custom, and separate it more from the original game.

I'm not really sure where to find where to change either of these, IF they are even changeable.

Thanks guys. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2014, 12:48 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
06-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Changing Thumbnail/Menu loading screen

The icon I'm not sure you can change. You are still running the same game, just with different configurations. For example for Steam, the Steam client will still launch the launcher.exe or amnesia.exe file regardless of any mods added. Not saying it's impossible though. It might very well be, but I kinda don't think so.

As for the loading screen, there is a default load screen setting in a config. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Hmm, I thought it was there, but I guess not. I think you can still override it by excluding the original file's location from your resources.cfg file, then have one within your mod with the same name.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 08:02 PM by Mudbill.)
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

I'm not sure about how to change the icon. I thought there was an option to change it in the main_init.cfg but I guess not. However I know where the upside down baby picture is.
...\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\graphics\general
it's labeled menu_loading_screen.jpg

But yet I'm not just sure how to change it if it's for a mod. I'm sure you can just overwrite the file with another one you like if it's for general purposes.

If I can find some useful info I will get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 08:24 PM by Artsy.)
06-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

If the file name "menu_loading_screen.jpg" is hard coded into the engine, it cannot be changed with normal configs. You can trick the engine into thinking your file is the one it is supposed to use though, by doing what I said above. If you have another file of the same name and extension, you can use it for the game by making it the only one available for the engine to use. The path for the files don't seem hard coded, thus it can be anywhere; EG your mod.

Make a copy of everything inside the graphics folder and place it in your mod (Amnesia/yourmod/graphics/whatever files here). After that, open the resources.cfg file in your mod, and remove the line that allows it to use the original graphics folder. If you have your mod's graphics folder added, it will find the files in there instead, and you're free to edit any of them as much as you'd like.

06-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

Thank you very much guys. Big Grin

06-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Find