Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

how to fix the lighting?!?
megad3th Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: how to fix the lighting?!?

Yeah, that works, but the lighting is still bad, I can see everything without using flashlights, It really ruins the experience.
01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Find
megad3th Offline

Here's a video of what the error in my game looks like, I wish I could keep it looking dark like in the last part. Hope it helps in figuring out whats the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RciE_1LiU...annel_page
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Well it looks like it should at first, then when the item should flashe it makes the whole screen flash instead and this in turn then makes the ambient light setting for the level break, so the game is after that "broken" and that is why it is so dark. When you move outside the area that makes the item flash, the ambient light setting is fixed again.

So the darkness you want is not meant to be in the game, but you could simulate it with by lowering the gamma setting or using the previously mentioned modification. And also to turn of the item flash in settings so that the flash wont occur.
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Website Find
megad3th Offline

Well that's what I was thinking before too, it looks pretty cool when it's that dark though, I guess I should just keep item flash off. Thanks, I'm gonna go try to start playing this game again now...
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Find