Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Modding Wishlist
deadlyposion Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Modding Wishlist

(04-15-2009, 03:59 PM)nackidno Wrote: I disagree. Multiplayer was discussed a couple of years ago, and it turned out that Multiplayer in games like Penumbra is a thing to avoid completely.

I'm not sure and I'm not going to make any definite statements but HPL or HPL2 doesn't have any network code right? and I think it would be too much of a hassle to implement it at this time.

Ok then,
How about somewhat of an online community. (if the map editor is released) People could share maps and puzzles they have created with other people. This way the game could last longer, with more and more levels and puzzles to complete?
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

...That's kind of the plan with their level editor.

However, HPL1 would be a pain in the ass to do using this. For starters, you would have to update several files just to play the map ingame - something the average user does not wish to do.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The thing to remember here is that HPL1 was never really meant to be used by the community from the beginning. Therefore it was not tuned to be use-friendly. Or so I believe.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Find