Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Custom Wall Textures
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Custom Wall Textures

I don't know what you mean. Keep it square, scaled, full size, whatever.
Don't mind the black areas, just drop your texture, save it as dds and check how it looks in the editor, then you edit the image all you want until it looks good for you.

btw, remember you're using the default material(.mat) file for that texture (castlebase_wall.dds), so it's ok if you see spec and normals from the original texture. You may want to change that later if you have your own spec&normals.

06-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

brrrrrrr... don't attempt to fit textures into existing UVs, won't look good Big Grin Better to make something yourself, even though it might be simple! By that I mean create some simple, easily uvmapped geometry in a modeling program and fit textures into that.

One should also be careful when taking textures from cgtextures and just generating a normal+specular+gloss for them. Will turn out noisy and 'wrong'.

Ultimately it depends on what you can pass off as 'okay' depending on the amount of work you are willing to put in.

I could make a 'basic tutorial' for this if people are interested in this sort of thing.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Nah, for castlebase models, you don't need new uvs at all.
They're all square and organized, easy to place your own texture. imo, ofc.

06-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(06-24-2014, 03:00 PM)Acies Wrote: brrrrrrr... don't attempt to fit textures into existing UVs, won't look good Big Grin Better to make something yourself, even though it might be simple! By that I mean create some simple, easily uvmapped geometry in a modeling program and fit textures into that.

One should also be careful when taking textures from cgtextures and just generating a normal+specular+gloss for them. Will turn out noisy and 'wrong'.

Ultimately it depends on what you can pass off as 'okay' depending on the amount of work you are willing to put in.

I could make a 'basic tutorial' for this if people are interested in this sort of thing.

A tutorial would be nice, as I only very vaguely understand. Big Grin

06-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Find