Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia lighting help.
theodorg Offline

Threads: 11
Amnesia lighting help.

So Im building this giant room in amnesia and Im having trouble figuring out a smart, good-looking way to lighten it. As the rooms is now you can only see the bridge and barely even that.
This is a link to screenshots: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8mepl0...pp_(3).zip
06-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Amnesia lighting help.

Well you could add some torches at the walls or ceiling torches(?) so that it'll light up good. Use a faint boxlight around the whole map. Add a medium bright pointlight that's nearly the same as the light source near the light source and then use a fainter and bigger pointlight away from the lightsource.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Find
theodorg Offline

(06-23-2014, 02:57 PM)Harry Potter Wrote: Well you could add some torches at the walls or ceiling torches(?) so that it'll light up good. Use a faint boxlight around the whole map. Add a medium bright pointlight that's nearly the same as the light source near the light source and then use a fainter and bigger pointlight away from the lightsource.

Yea i thought about some of these things but the thing is that im new to this so i just couldnt find where to lower and raise the light output from for example a boxlight.... Smile
06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

There's a color box on the light object, on the right side of the editor after you select it. It's white by default, so click the white box. After that you can change the amount of red, green, blue and alpha for that light. Try making the box light 0.05 in RGB. You can see the difference in the level.

06-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Find
theodorg Offline

(06-24-2014, 03:55 PM)Mudbill Wrote: There's a color box on the light object, on the right side of the editor after you select it. It's white by default, so click the white box. After that you can change the amount of red, green, blue and alpha for that light. Try making the box light 0.05 in RGB. You can see the difference in the level.

Ok thanksBig Grin
06-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Let's see:

In pretty much ALL your levels there should be a BoxLight, however, this has a trick:

The light of a BoxLight is very... "boring" and plain, and it usually looks very bad if you have very bright settings (0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1). Even in levels where it's "day" the boxlight should be somewhere (0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1). You'll get what I say when you see the light effects by yourself.

So:

If it's a room that big, I wonder... Besides the torches, is there any other thing than can lit up the space? Sometimes, if the place is so big and there's nothing to lit it up, the best is to leave it dark (think about it, natural caves are very big and are very dark, there's no natural light that gets inside).

So, yeah. Unless you think of a way of litting up in a natural way everything (a ceiling window, for example) I'd suggest leaving it dark (with a faint BoxLight, obviously).

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Find