Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a Blender pro to help me with animation...
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
I need a Blender pro to help me with animation...

So, I'm making this custom monster as a test, and I was making the "walk" animation. The thing is:

To make a walk animation, you need to move the character and the legs, so you can see how it looks (and to have a clue of how it moves).

The thing is, I need to delete the Y location keyframes to make it good for Amnesia, but the animation still moves in the Y location after I delete the keyframes... any clues?

I'll give models and provide more information if necessary :$

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
RE: I need a Blender pro to help me with animation...

If you guide me through your way of removing the keyframes on the Y-Axies i should be able to help you out on this one :]

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
06-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, so:

I go to the DopeSheet, where all the keyframe information is held. There, I open every single bone, I select the Y-Location part, click L (to select all the Y-Locations in all the keyframes in that bone) and then I proceed to delete them.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33

Well this should work but i'm not sure.

Select your whole mesh with pressing A and then go into the Dope Sheet Summary. Now click the little arrow where it says "Location". Now you just select the "Y Location" Entry on the left and press X. Proceed after doing the above and report back if it did anything.

I haven't imported animation from Blender to Amnesia myself but that is how you delete the Y Location.

Note: I'm guessing you want to delete the Y Keyframes because of the different UP Axes? If so you could also just try to rotate your object so that the Amnesia UP Axis is the UP Axis in Blender. If not then just ignore this :>

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

"Select your whole mesh with pressing A and then go into the Dope Sheet Summary. Now click the little arrow where it says "Location". Now you just select the "Y Location" Entry on the left and press X. Proceed after doing the above and report back if it did anything."

That's precisely what I did, and it has 0 results...

I feel like this is going to give good headaches...

Ok, solved: turns out it was the Z axis, not Y... Thank you anyways for trying Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 10:07 PM by The chaser.)
06-30-2014, 09:57 PM
Find