Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ptest pre-menu help needed.
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
Ptest pre-menu help needed.

So. I used the ptest pre-menu config and as you all might know Justine uses 3 screens.
In short this is what I want to do:
Screen 1 = show
Screen 2 = don't show
Screen 3 = don't show

I tried deleting the lines for screen 2 and 3 in the pre_menu.cfg, but it doesn't work; the screens are still there and screen 2 and 3 and completely blank, but they are there. Is there another setting or something messing it up? I have no idea why is it doing that.

Help would be appreciated.
07-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Ptest pre-menu help needed.

Did you removethe lines for sure??
IF you can, could you send us your HPL AND your PREMENU file you use now or the one you changed.
We will take a look at it.
07-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-07-2014, 04:49 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Did you removethe lines for sure??
IF you can, could you send us your HPL AND your PREMENU file you use now or the one you changed.
We will take a look at it.

The cat. in the english.lang file:
<CATEGORY Name="PreMenu">
    <Entry Name="PTestWelcome01">Welcome screen text goes here.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

And everything contained in the pre_menu.cfg file:
<PreMenu skin="gui_main_menu.skin">
    <Section Image="welcome_bg_machine.jpg" ShowFirstStartOnly="false" Music="12_amb.ogg" MusicVolume="0.5" MusicFadeTime="3" >
        <Text Pos="80 210 0" FrameSize="640 300" FontSize="18 18" TextCat="PreMenu" TextEntry="PTestWelcome01" Color="1 1 1 1" Align="Left" />
    </Section>
</PreMenu>

Thing is, the first screen shows up perfectly, the background shows and so does the text, no problem with that. But then screen 2 and 3 look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4M8S6B.png
I don't want those to be there. You know I'm kinda starting to think the file doesn't want me to make changes to it as I first removed the lines for the 2 screens, didn't work; changed the text pos from center to left - didn't work.
07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Ah, those lines. I first thought you meant the logo banners. That's what I tried, which worked fine. I'm unsure about this though.

I just tried editing those lines as well and they work just fine for me. Perhaps your file isn't loaded properly.

07-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-07-2014, 11:16 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Ah, those lines. I first thought you meant the logo banners. That's what I tried, which worked fine. I'm unsure about this though.

I just tried editing those lines as well and they work just fine for me. Perhaps your file isn't loaded properly.

so what exactly am i supposed to do to get it to show the changes? <(_ _)>
sorry i'm just really tired and it's really late here too and i want to get it fixed.
07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

In your main_init.cfg file, did you edit the PreMenu file to your own? Perhaps it's using the main one.

PHP Code: (Select All)
PreMenu "mods/example/config/pre_menu.cfg" 
PHP Code: (Select All)
<PreMenu skin="gui_main_menu.skin">
    <
Section Image="startup_fg_logo.jpg" Time="2" ShowFirstStartOnly="true"/>
    <
Section Image="startup_ngp_logo.jpg" Time="2" ShowFirstStartOnly="true"/>
    <
Section Image="startup_ooo_logo.jpg" Time="2" ShowFirstStartOnly="true"/>
    <
Section Image="welcome_bg05.jpg" ShowFirstStartOnly="true" HasGammaSettings="true">
        <
Text Pos="80 100 0" FrameSize="640 300" FontSize="18 18" TextCat="PreMenu" TextEntry="WelcomeMessage01" Color="1 1 1 1" Align="Left" />
    </
Section>
</
PreMenu

This is my setup and it works just fine.

07-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Find