Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom floors and walls
G510s Offline
Banned

Threads: 32
custom floors and walls

I want to make a custom wall and a custom floor but i have not the slightest clue on how to do that or how to make it. can someone please help me?!?!?[/size]
07-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: custom floors and walls

For walls, you can make a 4x4 box and make details in a modelling program like Blender/Maya/3DS Max.
For textures (floors), you make/get an image with pow2 resolution and export it as DDS. After that create the mat.

There should be tutorials on HOW to make them, not IMPORTING them to HPL2.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Let's see: A custom wall and a custom floor:

The custom floor should be relatively easy:

-Select the texture that you want to be used
-Create the specular and normal map (if you don't have a single clue about how to make them you can ask me to make them)
-Open the material editor, and tick the options: Diffuse, Specular, Normal. Also, the type of material should be "Soliddiffuse".
-In the "Diffuse" box, enter your texture, in the "Normal" your normal map (it doesn't mean a normal image, but the "Normal Map". More explanation here)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
-In the specular, the specular map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specularity

After this, the material file shall be saved with the name of the diffuse, and in the folder where all textures are:

Textures->My textures->

Texture.mat
Texture.dds (or .png, .jpg) -----> The .dds are used for performance, but these work too
Texture_nrm.dds ---> Normal map
Texture_spec.dds ---> Specular map

This is the floor. Now we go to the wall, not as simple as seems.

Ok, ok: When we talk about a 3D object (like a wall) things get complicated. Way more than you could think.

As Harry Potter said, you need a modelling program (Blender/Maya/3DS Max). There are plenty of tutorials out there to help you with getting familiar with the programs.

Take in account that you'll still have to follow the steps of the floor (creating normal and specular map, creating the material, etc.)

If you need a wall, the best would be to do it the size of Amnesia's. You can ask me to do the wall if needed.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Find
G510s Offline
Banned

Threads: 32

(07-08-2014, 02:24 PM)The chaser Wrote: Let's see: A custom wall and a custom floor:

The custom floor should be relatively easy:

-Select the texture that you want to be used
-Create the specular and normal map (if you don't have a single clue about how to make them you can ask me to make them)
-Open the material editor, and tick the options: Diffuse, Specular, Normal. Also, the type of material should be "Soliddiffuse".
-In the "Diffuse" box, enter your texture, in the "Normal" your normal map (it doesn't mean a normal image, but the "Normal Map". More explanation here)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
-In the specular, the specular map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specularity

After this, the material file shall be saved with the name of the diffuse, and in the folder where all textures are:

Textures->My textures->

Texture.mat
Texture.dds (or .png, .jpg) -----> The .dds are used for performance, but these work too
Texture_nrm.dds ---> Normal map
Texture_spec.dds ---> Specular map

This is the floor. Now we go to the wall, not as simple as seems.

Ok, ok: When we talk about a 3D object (like a wall) things get complicated. Way more than you could think.

As Harry Potter said, you need a modelling program (Blender/Maya/3DS Max). There are plenty of tutorials out there to help you with getting familiar with the programs.

Take in account that you'll still have to follow the steps of the floor (creating normal and specular map, creating the material, etc.)

If you need a wall, the best would be to do it the size of Amnesia's. You can ask me to do the wall if needed.

i don't know what to do...if you could can you lease make me almost like a old mansion floor...something different from the default floors in the HPL editor.
nothing specific just something i can use. Smile thx Smile
07-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Find