Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
script and code
G510s Offline
Banned

Threads: 32
script and code

while this may not be a help question
can someone show me some script tht would be used in a basic CS...like someones first custom story...i have never got to finishing a CS cause i get frustrated while doing the code like void's and stuff like that...i dont know when i need a callback or when i need to make a new void...tht is the stuff tht makes me the maddest...also how long does it take to make a regular custom story???
also when im dealing with monsters or breaking doors or patrolling monsters...or just making something a simple as a not or a letter i get rlly mad cause i understand 0% of what im doing... Sad if someone can help me understand more of what im doing PLEASE do...i also dont know how to make the player look at certain things...also the sound triggers, i dont know how to do that...i put in a sound from the sound category from the HPL editor and when i put it into the game in a certain location it playes as soon as i enter the map or another level...the one thing that gets me though is outside maps...with the night or day sky...clouds, hills, trees, falling trees, or seeing the outside of my building form the outside...Someone PLEASE help!
07-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: script and code

Well, you need to start somewhere. I suggest visiting the wiki at http://www.wiki.frictionalgames.com
I also have quite a few tutorial videos on my Youtube channel if you wish to check them out. I'm not too much of a fan of self-promotion, but I do like to help people out if I can >3<

You can try looking at this for a start. If you want to have some files to start off with, I got them too at this download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m0yw9ro94yruzk6

Other than that it's mostly just work, work, work. The more you work with it, the more custom you become and it gets easier ^^

Ask questions, use the main Amnesia files for reference and Google things or search Youtube/the wiki.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 12:31 AM by Mudbill.)
07-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Find