Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help [Model Request] Citizens.(Retextures/Tweaks are Okay!!!)
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
[Model Request] Citizens.(Retextures/Tweaks are Okay!!!)

I have posted about this in My Amnesia:The Streets of London thread that I need new models of citizens because I don't want to use the maid and gentleman from AMFP over and over again,I have tried using the child model but there's a weird glitch that can be best described as moonwalking.

I was wonder if there's anybody who is willing do some modelling for me but there 2 essential things, they must be textured and they be animated/rigged. A walking,running and idle animations are absolutely necessary.

the look of the citizens is another thing at consider.
I would like to see: A chinmey sweep child like this
Spoiler below!
[Image: chimney-sweepchildren.jpg]
a old homeless women covered in rags, a little girl and guy wearing one of these hats
Spoiler below!
[Image: Hampshire.JPG]
other then that you have full creative control.

NOTE: you don't have do all of these! you can simply choose one and that will be fine. The poly count i don't know, i plan to have these citizens to be encountered at a medium-long range so I say around the same poly count as the maid and the gent (2632-3280 polys).

If anybody does this, you will received full credit and my thanks and honour if your models being used in my custom story.
Sorry if this request sounds too high demanding.

If you get your models done PM them to me with a download link to them(dropbox,mediafire).

Thank you for your time and contribution. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 12:05 PM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
07-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: [Model Request] Citizens.

I think you'll find it hard to find someone to do this for you. It's just too time consuming, for example, since the release of Amnesia we've had barely a handful of custom enemies and these citizen-models are basically just that without the attack animation.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
07-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Find

(07-12-2014, 09:22 PM)i3670 Wrote: I think you'll find it hard to find someone to do this for you. It's just too time consuming, for example, since the release of Amnesia we've had barely a handful of custom enemies and these citizen-models are basically just that without the attack animation.
Indeed you are right and that's why I said in the post that they can only do one model if they want but I'm very sure that is just as time-consuming but this thread is here for many who interested. I have accected the big chance that no-one will be interested but it is a chance I'm willing to risk.
07-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

If people are to do it for someone online like this, they'll probably want payment for it. Time is money, ya know.

Also, you should probably try to convince any potential modellers why they should do this for you. If they don't think you can take good care of their work, they'll be wasting time and perhaps even get a bad reputation. For example, if someone good makes models for something that turns out to fail, the modeller who spent perhaps weeks working for this could be considered "involved" with a failed project, which will be a bad example for their future as a modeller.

Basically display some of your work so that people can trust you a bit more. If they know you'll make very good use of their resources, they'll likely be more interested. If it can promote their modelling abilities, that could turn out as a good thing for them as well.

07-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Find

(07-13-2014, 02:46 AM)Mudbill Wrote: If people are to do it for someone online like this, they'll probably want payment for it. Time is money, ya know.

Also, you should probably try to convince any potential modellers why they should do this for you. If they don't think you can take good care of their work, they'll be wasting time and perhaps even get a bad reputation. For example, if someone good makes models for something that turns out to fail, the modeller who spent perhaps weeks working for this could be considered "involved" with a failed project, which will be a bad example for their future as a modeller.

Basically display some of your work so that people can trust you a bit more. If they know you'll make very good use of their resources, they'll likely be more interested. If it can promote their modelling abilities, that could turn out as a good thing for them as well.
I understand time is money but thing is I'm 14 years old and hardly have any money. I'm making sure and taking my time that the Streets of London would don't fail as for showing work, these has been screenshots for Streets of London and a gameplay video coming up. If I had the chance to pay modellers to do this I will. I will never forgive myself if Streets of London fails and the work of a modeller(s) wasted.

I understand your concern and I'll post more content of The Streets of London, hopefully allowing the trust from modellers and interest from other people.
07-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

It's important to at least have something to show, so people know what they're up against Smile

07-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Isn't it easier to just re-texture existing citizens? You can surely find someone here, who might remove gent's top-hat. Making textures isn't easy, but it can be done if you have enough experience in programs like gimp , photoshop or such.
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Find

(07-13-2014, 09:17 PM)Lazzer Wrote: Isn't it easier to just re-texture existing citizens? You can surely find someone here, who might remove gent's top-hat. Making textures isn't easy, but it can be done if you have enough experience in programs like gimp , photoshop or such.
Removing the gents hat is a good idea but retexturing/texturing in general is something I can't do. One of reason I want completely new models is to avoid over-using and re-texturing the old citizens, it's rather immersion breaking when see two exact citizens on a street for the 20th time. People will be thinking the only citizens of London are maids and gentlemen! Another reason is I think a guy wearing a tweed cap being chased by a manpig makes me laugh.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 10:45 PM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

So you have 2 ways:

- Find someone who can make you these models, by paying him

- Or, learn how to model.

Modelling takes a lot of time and nerves, sure, if you would want to have someone to model you something plain, like a I dunno, let's say key perhaps, you would surely find someone here. Though, making a human models, rigging, and animating them takes weeks, or months - a lot of time. These days time = money. But I wish you luck in searching though. Smile
07-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Like Lazzer says, making human models (which requires alot more skill than to model something that's hard-surface and simple, like a key for an example), texturing it, rigging it and animating it takes quite some time and it's not something that will people will do for free as it requires alot more skill, knowledge and time than other typical services that you can find for free from people who like to help. I myself would have the skill to make a citizen model and animate it for you and it would take around 1-2 weeks but like I said, this type of work requires a reasonable payment unless you're super lucky and find someone who would do it for free. I have never seen anyone on the forums do this kind of work for someone for free. There were few members that shared a monster or two though that they have made for the community which I'm also planning to do in the end of summer, but that's pretty much all there's been.

I understand that you are young though and can't really pay but that's why I think you should look for someone who could re-texture the existing citizens for you as Lazzer said. It's alot more likely that you find someone who would do this if your project is intresting and good enough, and if you find someone really good at re-texturing, he/she could proably make a model look like it's a new and different model just by changing the texture.

Anyway, I hope you find someone who can help you with this matter and good luck with you project! Smile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Find