Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Gamersgate, new downloader?
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
Gamersgate, new downloader?

Ok, i've got that email from GG, and says that the client is to be scrapped yad yada yada, what's the new method, has anyone downloaded anything off there, what do you do?

Oh, and i'm gunna buy cryostasis, is it worth the money, anyone played it?

Not an image
02-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Gamersgate, new downloader?

As far as I know they are not using a downloader at all from now on. You simply use the website to buy, manage and download your games.
02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Website Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

(02-04-2009, 08:52 AM)jens Wrote: As far as I know they are not using a downloader at all from now on. You simply use the website to buy, manage and download your games.

Dear me, that's awfully simple, but what's their security then? that leaves them awfully exposed to pirating, i mean, they have fallout 3 and tomb raider underworld there, hot stuff that is all of the sudden the weakest link in pirating because of GG.

Not an image
02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I'm guessing that the downloaded games are wrapped in security much like they were with the downloader, so when running or installing the game the first time you'll have to enter the serial for the game.

The GG download was just a downloader, it did not do any sort of specific extra anti-pirating features, you only needed it to download and install not to run the game. I think Wink
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Website Find