Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's new?
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: So what's new?

Here's something I'm worried about. I copied over all my AMFP assets but I thought they'd be in their own unique AMFP folder. Now they're just kinda mingling with my regular amnesia assets. Some of them I can quickly recognize as AMFP but I'm worried if I just start working on my custom story from here by the end I won't have a clear idea of which AMFP assets I need to include in my CS folder. Would it be prudent of me to reinstall Amnesia then copy the AMFP items into their own unique AMFP folders within their respective directories?

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

write it down on notepad?

07-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(07-17-2014, 06:00 PM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: write it down on notepad?

That's not what I meant. There's no identifiers in the editor to tell me that an object is a AMFP object. So if I pick a random wall or table or something I may not know if it is a vanilla amnesia object or an AMFP object. I guess I could manually check every single new object I use to see which game it came from. Just trying see if there's a simpler way.

07-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

In case you have not transferred the pig stuff:
When it asks you if you want to merge the folders "entities" (from tdd) and "entities" (from amfp) and such, click yes.
When it asks you if you want to replace a certain file, make sure to click no. You will break your game otherwise.
This is also good to check if you did everything correctly.

If you screwed up, you basically broke TDD, Justine or any custom stories that you have and it looks bizarre when you open any map in the editor.

You're only supposed to add the pig stuff, not replace already existing TDD stuff.

@Robo I did something similar, for example: mansionbase (tdd + amfp) and mansionbase_main (tdd only).
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM by Artsy.)
07-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(07-17-2014, 06:20 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You fucked up the installation for the objects.
What me and hardarm and a few others did, was create seperate AMFP folders for every object, so you'd have castlebase, then castlebase_AMFP.

We would direct the castlebase AMFP assets into their respective folders, so on, so forth. However, even then it would overwrite textures even though I said no to all. It seems to be a bit of a problem.
Though, from what I can tell, the method we used is still fairly reliable.

I think what I'll do is just delete those 3 folders (Stacic objects, entities and textures) and verify my steam cache so it redownloads. That should bring it all back to default. I'll make a seperate Amnesia directory to test out some of the AMFP objects and only copy over ones I definitely want to use.

(07-17-2014, 06:23 PM)Artsyracoon Wrote: In case you have not transferred the pig stuff:
When it asks you if you want to merge the folders "entities" (from tdd) and "entities" (from amfp) and such, click yes.
When it asks you if you want to replace a certain file, make sure to click no. You will break your game otherwise.
This is also good to check if you did everything correctly.

If you screwed up, you basically broke TDD, Justine or any custom stories that you have and it looks bizarre when you open any map in the editor.

You're only supposed to add the pig stuff, not replace already existing TDD stuff.

@Robo I did something similar, for example: mansionbase (tdd + amfp) and mansionbase_main (tdd only).

Nah, I did it right. I made sure to merge without overwriting anything. My only issue is that I need to put any AMFP assets I use in my custom story folder when I release it so people without AMFP (or who haven't merged the stuff themselves) can still play. And I'm worried that in the end I won't be able to tell exactly what bits come from AMFP and thus what bits I need to include in my release.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 06:32 PM by DeAngelo.)
07-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

rename their names them so u can tell the difference if its a machine for pig

07-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

After realizing that Amnesia has some trouble with many of the AMFP .ent files and that I have to redo them in the model editor, I think I'm just gonna spend a night going through all of them and then toss any I think can benefit my CS into my CS folder after I re-make them in model editor. Thanks for the tips though guys. Smile

07-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Find