Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
shamoke
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
Okay so I've seen this problem on threads pretty much everywhere on this part o the website, but none of those posts have solved my problem.

I downloaded the demo of this game from steam and whenever I open i continue to get this error message. I've reinstalled plenty of times, but it will still not work.

I REALLY want to play this game, seriously so bad. I would appreciate any sort of help with this issue.

I'm a completely new macbook pro that I bought only a month ago.

Please help!!!!
08-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
It's because you have a Mac.

I am assuming you are running 10.9.2 or above (I use a Windows, so I don't know if there are any new versions out) Mavericks. There's a problem with Amnesia: The Dark Descent in terms of locating that file.

There are a few threads however which may help. This is one of them: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23953.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
(08-04-2014, 03:09 PM)Romulator Wrote: It's because you have a Mac.

I am assuming you are running 10.9.2 or above (I use a Windows, so I don't know if there are any new versions out) Mavericks. There's a problem with Amnesia: The Dark Descent in terms of locating that file.

There are a few threads however which may help. This is one of them: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23953.html

I've tried that thread, but the issue is I can't use that as a solution because I downloaded it from steam so the terminal solution does not work.

Thank you though!
08-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.