Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What does your username mean?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: What does your username mean?

Oho, here is a good time for me to ramble on about where my username came from. Sit down for (A really cheesy) storytime everyone!

Many years back I was rather interested in Bionicle (A line of LEGO products which have their own world/lore), so I started drawing a fanfiction comic series. I never finished it, but I had the entire general plot mostly thought out in my head (I stopped drawing somewhere about halfway through Arc 1)

For whatever reason I cannot rationalize, a character named Kreekakon was my favorite. He appears first as one of the main villains of the second phase in arc 1.

He is a leader of mercenaries called the "Poison Darts" hired by the main villain to kill the leading heroes. The group consists of four members: Kreekakon, Rukuru, Keodi, and Dati. If has ever seen my secondary characters in games or whatever, then these names will be familiar, because these four names are the main "name pool" I take from when naming my characters.

In order of favoritism the names are usually ALWAYS chosen in this order: Kreekakon, Keodi, Rukuru, Dati.

Anyways that's the main gist of it. I'll share the short story of whatever was planned to happen (And never happened because I stopped drawing) to these four. I'll put it in spoiler tags, because this is less relevant information in regards to where my username came from (And it is a horribly cliche, and cheesy plot):

Spoiler below!
After their defeat in the second phase, the Poison Darts disappear for a short while. In the ending phase of the first arc, they return to fight the heroes once again by dividing them, and each going after a specific member.

First off, Rukuru, and Dati are convinced by the heroes that the main villain is evil, and must be stopped. They each head respectively to one of the remaining Poison Darts to try, and convince them to change sides. Rukuru goes after Kreekakon, and Dati heads after Keodi.

During this time Kreekakon is battling the main hero, and eventually is also convinced, but is killed by a fail-safe system in his equipment by the main villain. Rukuru arrives shortly afterwards to mourn his fallen friend.

Keodi in the meantime actually convinces his battling hero to join the evil side (Because this hero already had a falling out with the rest of his friends earlier).

Dati arrives shortly after, and fails to convince Keodi to change sides. The two then battle which results in Dati getting killed, and Keodi being severely wounded. The main villain gives him several augmentations to save his life. (Sound familiar to something? XD)

The first arc then mainly ends with the villain having successfully affirmed dominance over the land, with Rukuru, and Keodi being the only two Poison Darts to have survived.

(I don't really remember the rest of the plot, at least not enough to string together events that make sense.)

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Shit. I remember being into Bionicles. Could never remember any of their names though.

[Image: luv.gif]
08-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

People assume I'm into Polish death metal, but no. Back in the day we used to play Soul Caliber. I was terrible at it and always lost unless I was Voldo, in which case my frustration would increase throughout the match until something snapped and I temporarily became an unbeatable badass (limit break IRL?). This became known as Unleashing the Behemoth (with behemoth pronounced beeheemoth, like in Reservoir Dogs). Somehow it stuck as a nickname. Then one day, on some forum or other, Behemoth was taken, so I stuck Mr infront of it.

08-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

My name is split into 2 parts witch a LOT of guys don't really xeem to know.
DnA : Me and a lot of (real life) friends were playing Track Mania from 2004* till 2008?
We were DnALange \ DnABomb \ DnAChucky etcetc, SO the DnA was our clan tag.
-
Lange means well.. by others then, i am quite long 1.97 meter.
Lange means "Tall one"
So there is my name from.

DnALANGE.
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Well I actually change usernames often because it depends on what my situation. To give a few:
Spoiler below!

JustAnotherPlayer - I'm just another player.
GameProtester - I'm protesting against the free pay2win games because they're awful.
LazyHarry - I was bored and found an image of Harry Potter looking like he's disgusted.
The First Captain (current) - Was playing TF2 to find that I am the only one in the front lines at the start of the round. I usually consider myself a Captain so yeah.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

My username is simply based off an old 80's T.V show character named Macgyver who gets through situations using improvisation with common items. As for "thehero" part, that bit is quite obvious.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

Mine is a shortened version of my YouTube handle, AuroraGuiniverePrice.

The name came about in seventh grade when my friend and I (totally obsessed with the dreaded Twilight at the time) decided to write a vampire/werewolf story starring the two of us as sisters.

Aurora Guinivere Price was my character's name.

We both ended up using our character names as handles as we both joined YouTube at the same time and thought it would be cool.

08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Find
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10

I spelled my name wrong on my DS and it was funny so I kept doing it.
08-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I thought the idea of a flesh-eating jellybean would be hilarious... previous username was Kiandra, which was just a random name I grabbed off of a babynames website (and used for my skype account) because I love aliases.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
08-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Nothing seems to bring me more down than I can get up and walk again...

Trying is the first step to success.
08-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Find