Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Streetboat's old shredding grounds
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds

My PC is absolute garbage, haha. I can barely run my more recent maps at better than 20fps. My belief is that if I can beat the game on my computer, most people can run it without a hitch. I haven't had a stable enough grasp on my income yet to afford a new computer; being a young adult on your own is hard! Tongue

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-13-2017, 02:44 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Lookin' good tho! Good luck mate =)

02-13-2017, 02:51 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Aw shucks, well just because you guys are such good sports, have some eye candy

[Image: mcFf9mm.jpg]
[Image: Zmwyqnn.jpg]

02-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Find
Demonbrant Offline

Threads: 3

Good to know that it is just your PC. Also, nice eye candy Wink
02-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Find
laniana Offline

Threads: 2

(02-12-2017, 11:21 PM)Demonbrant Wrote: This looks very good, cant believe this is still the HPL2 engine. If I didnt know better I would think it is the HPL3 engine. Good work, looking forward to seeing more progress!

I agree, it does look really good!
02-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

s e x

too red-ish though

in first pic everything is same light intensity, as if there wasn't a source
in second picture below the colonnade should be almost pitch black
more contrast motherfuccker

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 11:35 AM by Hardarm.)
02-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Heart  RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/HrgrKsHhzTk[/video]

Get some coal back in the hype train, folks. It never died.

Some background on the development of this story over the past while: I worked some pretty crappy restaurant jobs over the past few years, and as a result I was very low energy when I had free time, due to odd hours and a dissatisfaction with my work. About 5 months ago, though, I managed to snag a dream job as an software engineer drafter, working with people I like on a normal schedule. As a result, I'm finally able to pursue creative ideas and are, for the most part, encouraged to do so at work. I have better ideas, more attention to detail as part of the job, and more motivation overall. I was in a pretty bad place for a while, but I'm finally pretty damn happy with the way things are now. As a result, Ouroboros is flourishing! The story is damn long by now, weighing in at about 2 hours start to finish if I rush through all the puzzles. The story has been fully written and fleshed out, and the climax has been reached in the game; what I'm working on now is the final encounter, which is the most technically challenging mapping I've ever had to do. It'll be very worth it, and I absolutely refuse to give up now. I met someone who wants to help me with the music in the story, which means no more copyright infringements! All in all, this gravy train is a-rolling again. Enjoy this trailer I threw together tonight! Smile

06-21-2017, 03:25 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(06-21-2017, 03:25 AM)Streetboat Wrote: [video=youtube]https://youtu.be/HrgrKsHhzTk[/video]

Get some coal back in the hype train, folks. It never died.

Some background on the development of this story over the past while: I worked some pretty crappy restaurant jobs over the past few years, and as a result I was very low energy when I had free time, due to odd hours and a dissatisfaction with my work. About 5 months ago, though, I managed to snag a dream job as an software engineer drafter, working with people I like on a normal schedule. As a result, I'm finally able to pursue creative ideas and are, for the most part, encouraged to do so at work. I have better ideas, more attention to detail as part of the job, and more motivation overall. I was in a pretty bad place for a while, but I'm finally pretty damn happy with the way things are now. As a result, Ouroboros is flourishing! The story is damn long by now, weighing in at about 2 hours start to finish if I rush through all the puzzles. The story has been fully written and fleshed out, and the climax has been reached in the game; what I'm working on now is the final encounter, which is the most technically challenging mapping I've ever had to do. It'll be very worth it, and I absolutely refuse to give up now. I met someone who wants to help me with the music in the story, which means no more copyright infringements! All in all, this gravy train is a-rolling again. Enjoy this trailer I threw together tonight! Smile

Godspeed man Heart
06-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Almost make me want to touch it again...

But I'll hold off =)

06-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

By the way, how did you manage to simulate this sun halo effect seen circa 1:39 in the trailer? Whenever I try to do that, the gobo just shines through the walls, whilst yours is visible only when it should be.
06-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Find