Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DEMO] Wanted
goalreadymc Offline

[DEMO] Wanted

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON THE TUNNEL OR YOU WILL CRASH THE GAME!!!

You are Aidan, a wanted person by the police department who did nothing wrong. You overheard someone that said the police is coming to arrest him. Can you escape before they get here?

PS: I am sure it will work on Windows, but not so sure on Mac.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/se7m4x...o_v1.0.rar
08-28-2014 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudbill Offline
Posting Freak

RE: [DEMO] Wanted

I'm sure it will work for Mac and Linux as well. The game uses the same files across systems.
PS: Try not to make duplicate threads.

08-28-2014 06:55 AM
MrWhitticus Offline

First note on this: If you were meant to get past the Cellar, it seems to be that you can't

I have quite a few criticisms for the map making in general:
- A lot of overlapping and glitching textures in the big room at the end
- A lot of the areas were missing floors or ceilings
- The event in the hallway with the Brute was cheap and did not fit with your story at all
- The opening room was impossibly dark
- The lever at the beginning which I'm guessing was meant to connect to the wall socket wasn't functioning
- Most of your maps did not fit with their names and did not mesh with your story
- Doors and stairs glitching out and not working

To make it better once you start work on the full edition, I recommend that, first of all, move bits and pieces of your map around. Try to siv out any impurities such as clipping, visible spots outside the map, and add things like roofs and some floors. Try to make your maps and areas fit in with your story: create an environment and tell us more about Aidan.

Speaking of which, building your story in an engine built for horror games does not particularly fit. The Brute jumpscare a little way into the game did not fit with your maps or story at all, so if you wish to keep it, then I recommend fleshing it out a little and explaining things such as how he got there and try to connect it to other spots.

The way you have described Aidan makes him seem to be the average joe, in my mind at least, and so I did not find it immersive that he lived in a mansion filled with ancient artefacts and giant doors. Tell us more about Aidan. Who he is, what he does, and how he got his hands on such a place. Try to flesh out your maps a bit. I was using my slower computer for this trial and I spent a lot of my time in loading screens, not helped by the fact that a lot of your maps had not much depth or challenge in them, and took less that a minute to complete.

That's really all I can say to help, considering that I never encountered a tunnel and I suspect that I did not get as far as you'd wanted. Keep these tips in mind while creating your full edition, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

*Careless Whisper saxophone solo*
08-28-2014 07:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

That was the best CS ever made, good job.

May I have your autograph?
08-28-2014 11:27 PM
goalreadymc Offline

(08-28-2014 11:27 PM)Lazzer. Wrote:  That was the best CS ever made, good job.

May I have your autograph?
Thx, all my replies are criticisms. But there will be bits and pieces moved around, so if you want to be remided about the development, just email me (goalreadymc@gmail.com).
08-28-2014 11:43 PM
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

I was kidding mate and you unfortunately didnt got that...

First of all the biggest issue with your mod are maps.

Practise, practise and practise again. Do lots of random maps, not for mods but for learning purposes. When you will be bored, launch level editor and do maps.

If you wish, I can teach you few mapping tricks you could use to improve your maps a bit. Drop me your skype details and we'll se tomorrow about that, if you wish to receive some mapping help and experience.
08-29-2014 12:06 AM
goalreadymc Offline

(08-29-2014 12:06 AM)Lazzer. Wrote:  I was kidding mate and you unfortunately didnt got that...

Practise, practise and practise again. Do lots of random maps, not for mods but for learning purposes. When you will be bored, launch level editor and do maps.

If you wish, I can teach you few mapping tricks you could use to improve your maps a bit. Drop me your skype details and we'll se tomorrow about that, if you wish to receive some mapping help and experience.

...Dodgy
08-29-2014 10:01 PM
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(08-29-2014 10:01 PM)goalreadymc Wrote:  
(08-29-2014 12:06 AM)Lazzer. Wrote:  I was kidding mate and you unfortunately didnt got that...

...Dodgy

What the fuck? I threw you a hand.
08-30-2014 12:24 AM
goalreadymc Offline

(08-30-2014 12:24 AM)Lazzer. Wrote:  
(08-29-2014 10:01 PM)goalreadymc Wrote:  

...Dodgy

What the fuck? I threw you a hand.
I can learn on my own
08-30-2014 04:26 AM
Mudbill Offline
Posting Freak

You can still be nice about it. Admittedly it wasn't that nice for him to make that joke, it's often best to reply nice to not-so-nice comments. Bad on bad just ends worse, and we'd like to avoid that if possible, ya know?

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 12:48 PM by Mudbill.)
08-30-2014 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)