Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Game loads old map when it doesn't even exist!
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
Game loads old map when it doesn't even exist!

I really don't know what is causing this but it's definitely annoying as s***
I asked my skype friends but we still couldn't find the problem.

So what's happenin is that before when loading the map from the lvl editor, the lvl editor shows the old map, here's an example

[Image: Fi7nsds.png]

I mean I don't get it, I don't have the old map anywhere, I deleted it and replaced it with the new one, The lvl editor doesn't even allow me to save in the maps folder cause it doens't update in the cs folders anyway so I forcefully have to upload it on my desktop but guess what?

When replacing it with the new one I saved on my desktop still doesn't work!

Also in game it loads the old map, Like I've been loading that map also not in debug mode too, I've been loading it normally, I have no cache files at all!

and I really need to find a fix before releasing this cs cause I don't want players to find this bug! thnx

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 09:32 AM by Radical Batz.)
09-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Game loads old map when it doesn't even exist!

(09-02-2014, 09:20 AM)Dr.Badcat Wrote: The lvl editor doesn't even allow me to save int he maps folder cause it doens't update in the cs folders anyway so i forcefully have to upload it on my desktop but guess what?

This error I can assume has to do with your Permissions, which can be fixed using this:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid275735

You could probably also find your up to date map at the following link if that's what your problem is:
C:\Users\-YOUR-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Do you happen to have another mine2.map somewhere else in your redist directory? The Level Editor can actually load completely different maps in other directories if they are higher in your Resources.cfg or within your custom_stories folder.

But otherwise, I have got no clue. 14KB is not necessarily a large loss however, I bet you could fix that up in about 30 minutes or so, given you have done that already.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 09:38 AM by Romulator.)
09-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-02-2014, 09:37 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 09:20 AM)Dr.Badcat Wrote: The lvl editor doesn't even allow me to save int he maps folder cause it doens't update in the cs folders anyway so i forcefully have to upload it on my desktop but guess what?

This error I can assume has to do with your Permissions, which can be fixed using this:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid275735

You could probably also find your up to date map at the following link if that's what your problem is:
C:\Users\-YOUR-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Do you happen to have another mine2.map somewhere else in your redist directory? The Level Editor can actually load completely different maps in other directories if they are higher in your Resources.cfg or within your custom_stories folder.

But otherwise, I have got no clue. 14KB is not necessarily a large loss however, I bet you could fix that up in about 30 minutes or so, given you have done that already.

Flawless actually told me the same thing to go in local and virtual store but I don't have any of those files in the appdata! I'll try the link Smile

09-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I don't see any problem. Every program rounds up the size of a file differently.
Apparently windows rounds up and LE rounds down.

Change -temporarily- the name of any map (e.g. Mine2.map to MisterCat.map and see if it changes in LE. If it does, it's the same map and you're fine.

I mean check your file TehBarn.map 1,595 Kb, almost 2Mb and still Amnesia says is 1MB.
It happens to me too with my files/maps.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 02:41 PM by Daemian.)
09-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

These are all good points.... But what about the dates? They're almost a month apart, which is odd. Try searching your whole Amnesia folder for another mine2, failing that rename it like Amn says.

*Daemian even. I can't keep up with the name changes round here! Smile

09-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

xD, yeah I'm gonna stick with my name from now on.

As for the missing month, LE starts counting months from 0. Who knows why.

But still, those mine.map and mine2.map do have weird dates.
I'm sure LE is translating his dates to -2 hours, but these two files don't match from win to LE.

If you take Train.map or TehBarn.map you can see in LE is taking exactly -2 hours. But not in mine.map and mine2.map

Try renaming and see what happens. :/

09-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Find