Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journal diary page is not adding (
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
Journal diary page is not adding (

Greeting,

So there is the problem:
void OnStart()
{
AddDiary("Diaries", "Diary1");
}

Lang file
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Diaries">Diary</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_Diary1_Name1">Awakening</Entry>

<Entry Name="Diary_Diary1_Text1">I waked up full in blood. I don't know who I am, but I know that I was lost after my love's death. Now I'm going to investigate what killed her and what maked me suicide my self.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Angry

please don't send a response like this.

void AddDiary(string& asNameAndTextEntry, string& asImage);

send a normal example i cannot understand this

or reply a working example.

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 01:18 PM by Catalyst.)
09-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Journal diary page is not adding (

First of al,
Talk a bit more relaxed. Not like DONT SAY THIS....
We will help you, don't worry.
Here is an examplek from my mod:

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Entry Name="Diary_CellarStartText_Name1">A scrawled message</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Diary_CellarStartText_Text1">[br][voice scrawled_note_01.ogg][br]It's here!
        [br]It'
s coming!
        [
br]HELP!
        [
br]It sees meIt knows me!
        [
br]No light!
        [
br]I see itIt sees meI know itIt knows me!
        [
br]Have mercy on me!
        [
br]It's here to</Entry>
</CATEGORY> 

Why do you have this? ; <Entry Name="Diaries">Diary</Entry>
Also,
Diaries Must be always like this Diary_CellarStartText OR simulair.
AAAND, AddDiary("Diaries", "Diary1"); Must be AddDiary("Journal", "Diary1");
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 01:28 PM by DnALANGE.)
09-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Two questions:

One) Do you have a description or other occurences in your Story where you access the lang file? Like, a Custom Story description?

Two) Is this your entire lang file?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(09-06-2014, 01:22 PM)Romulator Wrote: Two questions:

One) Do you have a description or other occurences in your Story where you access the lang file? Like, a Custom Story description?

Nope, it not entire)

(09-06-2014, 01:22 PM)Romulator Wrote: Two questions:

I can give all lang file and hps map files dont worry im not so rookie as I look when I give these asks)

Here he is :

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Johan got a vision, he is in danger, seems that somebody is preparing to kill him. After tragedies that happened with his most beloved people he is preparing to put end for all...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_1">Key for my room</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_1">A key for Johan's room.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_2">Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_2">Locked room key.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_tomb_1">Cellar Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_tomb_1">Key for cellar door.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_2">A very old key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_2">Probably goes for secret room door.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_hub_key">Strange Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_hub_key">I hope that this key can let me know what is happening in there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_study_1">Big hall key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_study_1">Seems to be the key that unlocks the grand hall's entrance.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_health">Health Potion</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_health">If I use it on my hands, bleeding will stop.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_faint">Tranquilizer</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_faint">Can stop the headache.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Diaries">Diary</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_Diary1_Text1">I waked up full in blood. I don't know who I am, but I know that I was lost after my love's death. Now I'm going to investigate what killed her and what maked me suicide my self.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_1_Name">Last Resolt</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_1_Text">5 October 1781,[br]
Ruby, she is dead! No...Last night I saw our death together, killed both by mysterious people...nightmares...
visions...I'm so tired, I'm bleeding out, cannot continue it...firstly I thought that I must use the "Amnesia Morphium",for a new chance
, now, I'm absolutely don't give a fuck, it's my last diary page...My hands are bleeding...All is lost...</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_2_Name">A page from journal</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_2_Text">16 September 1781[br]
I had a nightmare last night, again, seems that this nightmare is like previous one, two strange men is hiting me
from back and I fall down, covered with blood, they leaving in slow steps and let me die. But they differ each for other, one have a sword, other looks like claws...It's not a human!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_3_Name">20 September 1781</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_3_Text">I found Alexander lying down, dead...with a deep wound in spine.Seems that my best friend was killed by people from my nightmare. I must carry out, or killer can find me at end.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_4_Name">A growl</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_4_Text"> I had another nightmare. I waked up, in cause of muffled growl. I was looking for lantern, but it's in library, so I was fuckin scared...I just waited all night in closet. Never I felt a fear like this...</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_5_Name">Unknown author's note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_5_Text">Now, is my last moment of life. Gatherer knows where I am! I don't know what to do! Now I'm writing this paper very fast likely my last testament. Gatherers are impossible to kill, they are undead...but in library I read a book, strange one, how to escape gatherer. Now I can't return in library path is blocked...</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_6_Name">A old Legend</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_6_Text"> A long time ago, there was locked a bad creature, it was named Gatherer. All that this creature wished, is to get in people dreams, to make them afraid, and at last to kill them. The Gatherers victims, before they are killed by them, they lose their most dear people. Once the victims life is ruined, he is waiting for victims falldown. If it will not suicide, Gatherer will appear at night and kill everyone in victims house...Sure that is loco. But there are many people that says that they saw two gatherers in their nightmares. Anyway I don't believe these peoples.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_x1_Name">A broken page from Gatherer's book.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_x1_Text">Gatherers. In the ancient mythology gatherers were the men that kidnapping people for rituals, for God of Sun, for Kali and for others. These gods given gatherers a special reward, a Permanent Life. These gods was forbidden, and they disappeared, but gatherers still alive, and they continue the cult of Damnation. The only way to kill them, to make them forbidden.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Faint_Text">My head...I faint, I need something to stop headache.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_7x_Name">Note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_7x_Text">I looked my self in this room, throw the key in the corner of room, I don't need it any more! If Ruby is dead, all my friends is dead...how I can continue ?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Health_Text">I must stop the bleeding and pain, or I will die!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Noob_Text">Who is that L noted person? I think I must find him for explanations. Maybe in cellar.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Gatherer_Text">I must go in library. I need to find the book about gatherer.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Gatherer_2_Text">I must find all gatherer books and to burn them. Hope that they are in hall.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_8_Name">Johan's lost diary page</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Escape_Text">I must leave library or Gatherer will make me a dead man!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note_8_Text">12 August 1778,[br]
I like this life, I saw a nice girl, Ruby. Maybe I can get her, it, anyway on last night on holiday, I saw how he looked at me. I lost my mind !</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Wrong_Text">This event, what was that sound?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Key_Text">Damn, key is in library, I must go in there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_NeedKey_Text">The key must be on second floor. I must check.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_Out_Text">I must get out of there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n1_Name">Be Careful</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n1_Text">Dear Phillip,[br]
I must let you know, we finally called a Gatherer! Now it's time to leave Johan alone in this big mansion. As I know, Ruby must be dead, killed by cited sword-handed monster. Now Johan will die, and all mansion will be our![br]
L.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n2_Name">Cellar Door</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n2_Text">Dear guests,[br]
If you need some stuff, vine, visit my cellar, there is dark, but stuff is really good. Just ask me for key, and I will give it for you, if I'm not home, take the key from the desk on second floor.[br]Johan.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n3_Name">Announce</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n3_Text">Dear guests,[br]Please make sure that key is returned on his initial place in the low drawer, when you don't need it anymore.[br]Thanks.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n4_Name">Hammer</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n4_Text">If you need hammer, just break the display, only in emergency cases.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n5_Name">Locked Room</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_n5_Text">Keep in mind, this wall is weak, must be repaired, so we locked the room.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="locked1">It's blocked,a tool is required.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Loading">
<Entry Name="message_1">All were lost, when Ruby died...Johan thought that he cannot continue...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_2">The guests...they were strange...every moment they asked Johan how he is...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_3">Library, strange things happening in there, wind blows from nowhere... </Entry>
<Entry Name="message_4">Cellar, it's a creepy place, without lantern you cannot go in there...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_5">First Gatherer's victim was Alexander, second was Ruby, now is Johan...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_6">Johan fall in love with Ruby, after, he lost her...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_7">The sword-handed gatherer can be everywhere...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_8">Johan thought that these nightmares are a simply coincidence, before his friend's death...</Entry>
<Entry Name="message_9"></Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="level1">Library</Entry>
<Entry Name="level1a">Living Room</Entry>
<Entry Name="level2">The Hall</Entry>
<Entry Name="level2a">Living Room</Entry>
<Entry Name="level3">Living Room</Entry>
<Entry Name="level4">Cellar</Entry>

</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 01:35 PM by Catalyst.)
09-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Btw... Stop making 5 threads, or threads over again.
We will help you, and if you have any other questions, ask them in the same threadh, we'll help with all the other questions as well.
Otherwise we will have 10 threads from 1 guys Tongue
09-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(09-06-2014, 01:35 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Btw... Stop making 5 threads, or threads over again.
We will help you, and if you have any other questions, ask them in the same threadh, we'll help with all the other questions as well.
Otherwise we will have 10 threads from 1 guys Tongue

Ok if I will require a further assistance in my stories, I can post problems there and you will answer me?

I did it in this way:

AddDiary("Journal", "Diary1");

Not working :/

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 01:48 PM by Catalyst.)
09-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Quote:<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_1">Key for my room</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_1">A key for Johan's room.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_2">Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_2">Locked room key.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_tomb_1">Cellar Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_tomb_1">Key for cellar door.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_2">A very old key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_2">Probably goes for secret room door.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_hub_key">Strange Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_hub_key">I hope that this key can let me know what is happening in there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_study_1">Big hall key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_study_1">Seems to be the key that unlocks the grand hall's entrance.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_health">Health Potion</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_health">If I use it on my hands, bleeding will stop.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_faint">Tranquilizer</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_faint">Can stop the headache.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Your inventory category has two key entries named ItemName_key_2 and ItemDesc_key_2. Either remove or change both of them so that they do not conflict.

Other than that, I do not think there are any other errors Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 01:59 PM by Romulator.)
09-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Is it a pickable note?
That would be much easyer Tongue
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM by DnALANGE.)
09-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(09-06-2014, 02:00 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Is it a pickable note?
That would be much easyer Tongue

No, I want that this note appear in Diary category of journal I cant do this Sad

Thanks for assistance Smile found a solution from one guy FlawlessHappiness

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 02:41 PM by Catalyst.)
09-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Find